• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta TA 06/2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Red has never negotiated anything. He's your typical bomb thrower who stands on the sidelines and pretends that he's an expert without ever having to put up or shut up.

Just give it a few years. In 3-5 years, his beloved SWAPA will have a TA with pay rates lower than DAL, code share giveaways, and still just a 401k match.

You call this TA 'negotiating'? You must really bend over at the car dealership. Let's try this again...

Hey fatboy, where are the gains?

No bomb throwing just give me the facts.

Red, how long have you been negotiating? If you really were the heroes you think you are, we could pattern off of your time in neutral for thepast 3+ years. You get get your house straight first before criticizing mine.

Living with the current contract including the big profit sharing checks does not sound bad at all. Most of my Delta buddies now anxiously look forward to every quarterly result... No wonder Management is so desperate to change the formula.

If the Wall Street analysts are so elated with the TA you know the pilots are giving away too much...

25% pay raises over the term of the agreement (highest compensation ever in the history of the profession)

Reduced total RJs

Increase to the DC plan (something you don't even have)

Per diem increase

Vacation pay increase

Recurrent pay increase

New 100-seat airplane coming, and with great pay rates

Depending on the market, JV may or may not be an improvement

A few small scheduling improvements

Etc.

Now, to be fair, there are legit negatives, too. The change to LCA trips is bad. Real bad. The sick policy sucks. Not as bad as the APC morons are pretending, but still not good. And JV could be a slight negative if gauge is increasing without increasing frequency. But do these things make it a concessionary TA overall? Of course not. That's absurd.

The main points....

1% increase in b-Fund, and

an added nickel of per diem.

Like you said, real losses in LCA and an arcane sick leave policy. I put the JV in the loss category too, but the jury may be out on that one. Could be a push. I don't see it being gain.

Not anywhere close to what MD said he demanded. He looks foolish.

You gloss over the highest compensation any pilots have ever received. No need to be so disingenuous. Just admit that you hate ALPA and will criticize anything that ALPA ever does.

SWAPA standing in the same spot eh Red? Sounds like that is more foolish than negotiating to an agreement.

You gloss over the highest compensation any pilots have ever received. No need to be so disingenuous. Just admit that you hate ALPA and will criticize anything that ALPA ever does.

Honestly PCL, I don't care for ALPA. But that has nothing to due with my post.

I honestly think DL pilots deserve more from a company making so much money. The same could be said about our negotiations. I don't want a turd dropped on us by the NC. If that happened, I would be just as vocal.

Has nothing to do with SW vs DL, or SWAPA vs ALPA. I wish DALPA would have done a better job for their members.....that's all.

I think they "deserve" more, too. But I'm sorry, you don't get want you deserve. I hope you can come terms with that before SWAPA finally reaches a TA, otherwise you're in for a hell of a disappointment.

Nope....just a pilot who asked his rep some questions and is reading the TA and went to the road show. Even reasoning with you is against my moral judgement GL because your advice on anything on FI is usually flawed and misguided. BTW, the internet is always a grrrrrreat and reliable source for information. I was there in ATL and it wasn't like what you describe.

Funny you ask, Flew with a P2P guy last week and he told me good and bad about this thing. Very candid about the downside and the F/O bidding stuff. Some good info from those guys.

As far as your car dealer comment. A car salesman can smell a guy like you who buys on emotion rather than rational thinking. You make him happy.

Hahahaha! The whole thing is bad. And you are defending it? Sheesh, you seriously are now lower than me on the credibility meter, even though I always give my honest opinion, even if it is unpopular. Thanks Bill, you are now the least credible person on this board, you are willing to take a terrible contract. Did you enjoy Donotelli's yelling today? You probably did. I already saw the video, and it was an outrage. And I'm hearing rumors of P2P volunteers quiting. Maybe the one you flew with was one of them?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I think they "deserve" more, too. But I'm sorry, you don't get want you deserve. I hope you can come terms with that before SWAPA finally reaches a TA, otherwise you're in for a hell of a disappointment.

Typical ALPA fear mongering. I'd rather have the current contract with better work rules and large profit sharing checks than a bad contract. You are now just above Lumberg on the credibility meter. Are you still trying to get to ALPA National somehow? It seems like it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back