• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta TA 06/2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like Instructordude just got himself banned over on APC as we type. Maybe if this place would have gotten it's act together a few years ago it wouldn't be the ghost town it is now.

Looks like Instructordude just got himself banned over on APC as we type. Maybe if this place would have gotten it's act together a few years ago it wouldn't be the ghost town it is now.

Ha ha! Could care less. You know whats funny is you guys are like a bunch of little bitchy wives. Think about what I said over on APC? Absolutely nothing that was bad, just stating I liked the TA. Total censorship. That TA will pass mark my word it will. It is a good one that rewards workers with raises, requires scammers to validate when sick and doesnt waste money paying people to sit on their asses at home. Vote it down and you will be in holding for awhile. But that wont happen itll pass. I will proudly vote yes.:D

See what I mean?

Relax Bill, most on here want you to get a great deal. Hell, I don't care who raises the bar, it could be Allegiant and I'd be happy for them. It helps everyone.

Now, since you decided to throw stone our way on top of your bizarre comment, let me say this....We have held the bar, for what? 10+ years? We still have one of the best contracts in the industry with absolutely no scope relief.

We all know that had nothing to do with DL pilots or even SW pilots, but the bankruptcies of multiple carriers and poor management decisions. It really doesn't matter at this point.

We've had a CEO just stiff arm us for over 2 years but we aren't caving. Jam-Bro actually got that right. I think what you'll see from our contract is 1- Higher hourly rates, 2- More retirement dollars, 3- A nice retro bonus back to the amendable date, etc. It helps if other carriers get good deals as well. Will the rates be as high as what your TA has? Not sure, but it would be nice.

Hope you guys get it worked out.

PCL, High pay rates don't mean squat if they reduce some of the flying available via JV relief, etc. We've seen this movie before. Remember high pay rates for just a few RJ's? How many mainline jobs lost? Thousands. Ask what happened United's LAX-FRA route when the gave JV relief.

Thanks for the advice. You settle your own problems, we'll take care of ours. I'll save the JV talk for another poster with experience in that sort of arrangment, hell, you don't even cross an ocean and you act like a professor on here.

Under all likely scenarios, the new scope language will result in increased jobs, not fewer. Red just can't do math.

I'm going to get to a road show and hear the story. A lot of the rumors are DPAhole bravado spooling up the masses. It isn't as bad as I read the TA. Sure, there are concessions because this is a negotiation. Some F/Os will take it in the shorts with the LCA bidding, I can see that. The sick leave isn't as ominous as it was made out to be. It was meant to crack down on the clowns who bang out sick for a 12 day trip, then white slip into another one the next day and they do it all year long...or get a doctors note for every sick event so they can stay home for 240 hours.

All should vote what works for them.

Send it back and we could face RA with a new set of demands. Nothing in the TA is retained, this is not a line item veto trick. He can meet with us one day a month like UPS and slow roll this out and then we pray for the NMB to take us. They are backed up with 30+ airline and railroad disputes so this could go on for a few years. Hell, Southwest has been in negotiations since we were in working on Contract 2012....UPS/FEDex included....the NMB won't be impressed by how profitable my company is so that is no argument at that table. "So you mean to tell us you were offered the highest pay and PWA in the industry (sans Pension-thanks Jerry)and you turned it down because you wanted more?" Good luck with that argument.

This wasn't the best deal but its the deal we have. I'm going to a road show and talk to the reps and get some clarity on this thing but our alternatives are grim considering that no President will allow an airline of this scope to strike. This isn't 1998 anymore.....we don't hold the ultimate self-help leverage. Anybody who thinks we hold the leverage is fooling themselves.

Vote early vote often

Last edited:
Smart man.

Under all likely scenarios, the new scope language will result in increased jobs, not fewer. Red just can't do math.

You tell me to research it and then make this statement? Look at the European up-gauge angle PCL. The JV partners can move to larger equipment as needed with no downside for them. Swap a A340 out for a A380? Sure, this TA will allow it. I guess as a former ALPA Exec you don't mind the synthetic outsourcing on the top for a few E190's on the bottom....oh yea, and more 76 seaters!

Why ALPA would be giving any concessions during this unbelievably profit time period is beyond me.

Ask yourself this...Why would RA want to reduce the Profit Sharing if it wasn't a good deal for him? The answer is because it's going to be a GREAT deal for him over the next 2-3 years. Yet another concession.

This goes back to ALPA needing to make the best deal they can first and NOT biting off on something mediocre. When they do this, then Bill is exactly right. They've painted themselves in a box with regards to trying to fix it and looking like fools before the NMB. Better to have worked a few more months to get it right than have to try and 'sell it, or fix it'....which doesn't do the DL guys much good. DALPA should have been the gatekeeper, looks like someone slipped one past the goalie.

what are the details on scope? Please don't trade away planes for a fat paycheck.

It's embarassing DL has full 3 hour RJ flights.

Latest resources

Back