Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
For all the India experts out there, a few questions. Haven't been in a few years, so what are the gotchas going into New Delhi, refueling, customs, etc? Will be using Jepp or Universal and hopefully we can pay for expedited custom services. Looking into routing through eastern Turkey, Iran and Pakistan instead of Russia, the former republics and Afganistan. Seems there are better diversion fields, Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE if a maintenace problem presents itself flying through Iran than flying through southern Russia. Any thoughts? Thanks alot.

India

be ready for the confusion to set in at any time. You might have to park over by the airline terminal, but not sure. When you taxi in, look to the taxi lines to discover some alphanumerics to which the ground controller may be referring too.

Otherwise: GOOD LUCK!

AWACS

Something else to keep in mind - very high MSA's over Iran - be sure to have depressurization escape routes.

Personally, I'd choose overflying Afghanistan over Iran (or any of the other "Stans") ANY day of the week; it's just like flying over Kansas. (The controllers are all American- prolly the only competent ATC in the entire region...)

Personally, I'd choose overflying Afghanistan over Iran (or any of the other "Stans") ANY day of the week; it's just like flying over Kansas. (The controllers are all American- prolly the only competent ATC in the entire region...)

i agree.

Read the NOTAMS, I believe Bahrain can not be file as an alternate, only as destination, heading west bound north of Saudi overflying over Kuwait do read en-route notams, there is a re-route to the North of Iraq ending up on the North of Syria (can't remember well)
this is what I remember from the top of my head....read read read all notams and make sure your flight plan company doesn't screw up your transition over the middle east otherwise pen and paper and full route clearance till u cleared...
Good luck is always interesting flying over this area.

Latest resources

Back