• Friendliest aviation community on the web

flexpilot

Everyone excited about NetJets be forewarned, this is the FO salary:

year 1- $2259 per month
year 2- $2364
year 3- $2469
year 4- $2574
year 5- $2680

You may be getting advice from someone, "yeah we only make $xxxx, but we get per diem and hotel points." That may be true, but often times you spend your per diem and hotel points don't feed the family.

You may have heard about bypass pay. No one hired in the last 13 months is recieving bypass pay. We have FO's on second year FO pay. Not sure how they are feeding their families.

You may have heard that the contract is almost done. No one is sure when it will be done. Not the pilots, not the union, not the company. Negotiations could continue for a couple of more years.

You may be considering a job here. Consider all the factors and then make an informed decision.

Good Luck.

flexpilot said:
Everyone excited about NetJets be forewarned, this is the FO salary:
.. and hotel points don't feed the family.
QUOTE]

Oh, sure they do....you just have to do a little research and have the willingness to live like a family of gypsies. Keep moving around and only stay in hotels where they have little fruit and/or cookie baskets at the front desk and the free continental breakfast stays out until late morning. Make sure the kids are tasked with scavenging all the freebies they can lay their grubby little mitts on during those critical morning hours when the lobby is crowded with check-outs and the staff's attention divided. Hoard everything, and don't forget to think ahead and replenish the cache of food in the trunk of your car for those occasional nights spent sleeping in it after your hotel points run low. When you first enter your room upon check-in, make a beeline for the bed and pocket the pillow mint to use as a reward for the kids later if they do a good job....or perhaps share it with your wife during a romantic, special-occasion moment while the kids are out playing with the ice-machine in the vending-area playground.

Are these the current or the upcoming negotiated FO salaries? Have you heard something we haven't? Pretty pi$$ poor.

Yep. The information is correct. That is what an FO without bypass pay really makes. All 50 of the 1900 pilots at NetJets hate that scale. Even the guys with the G200 type making $1000 a day doing contract work and the CE750 typed guys making $500 a day on the side (note: Not all work on the side). Sure, it sucks you have to do it, but you know - you don't have to work at NetJets either. I think Flex, Options and Citation Shares are all hiring, not to mention lots of 135 charter operators and Corporate departments. Go for it. I hear it is so much better than NetJets, and no Union to worry about. Everyone knows they are all working on a better contract and higher pay that will exceed NetJets by at least 10%. Of course, with no Union or contract, all that can be changed at the whim of the company. . .

hey flex pilot didn't you know the pay when you came here? So why are you complaining. People have to make their own informed choices.

Netjets is far from perfect. At least there is some stability here though.

Diesel,

Do you think things are stable? I'm not so sure they are. American Eagle is stable!! Netjets is not. Given: More stable than Flexjet but.......

I sympathise with Flexpilot. He was given a line of BS about how the FO pay sux but he wouldn't be on it long becuase of the bridge pay....yada....yada.... When I got hired, I was told 2-months maximum. Seven months later is when I got the bridge pay! Later I was able to upgrade.....a luxery that many people don't have now.

When we stopped hiring, it was like turning a hose off. As junior as the 400xp bids have been going I think there is some, as little as it may be, hope for the lower guys.

comon it's called making an informed decision. If you believed the hype when the company gave it's little presentation at your interview class and didn't do any research on your own then that's your fault.

This place is way more stable than AMR. How's that contract at Eagle? Another 10 more years on it?

Eagle furloughed during this downturn. NJA and FLops didn't.

Sure if I believed the hype I'd be in the left seat of the falcon right now. Not sweating my bag off in the ultra.

Do your own research. Look at the future and the past. Talk to pilots. Talk to as many people as you can. I bet the pro's far outweigh the con's for any Fractional not just NJA.

I made an informed decision and realized that the potential is HERE at NJA. Will it come to fruition? I'm not sure. The one thing I will know that I worked with a bunch of great guys and gal's and flew into some of the most challenging places.

Just the facts

Diesel,
Please re-read my post. No complaining, just facts. I want to give everyone a fair warning.

Keep in mind guys; it is all about the money. If you work for a fractional you are expected to be the best in every way and fly people that expect the best - but lets face it - you get what you pay for as a frac owner. As long as there are pilots who will fly expensive jet aircraft for low dollars it will drive the market down. As long as fractional companies can make a buck off some poor pilot trying to provide for his family, they will. As long as the rich owners get what they think is equal to really owning their own plane (it is not equal, it is not even close) for "cheap" they will.

Fractionals are the result of the rich getting richer and the rest of us not getting anywhere - too many people with too much money to blow and no clue that they are getting on a multi million dollar aircraft flown by a couple of pilots that are between them not making over $110,000 or so. If the rich folks know they are getting cheap pilots I guess they don't care - me, if I was a stinking rich guy would have the best plane for the mission and the best paid pilots and mx folks (which would be but a tiny fraction of the cost of running a flight department) in the industry - because it is my a@@ in that plane, with my family - priceless. But when there is a crash - then the regrets come and true understanding of what is important comes out.

Best of luck!

Latest resources

Back