• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets VSP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok. Push-ups how many in what amount of time? You do realize I am going to call the FAA medical office and suggest these new changes once we have decided on this?
I was wrong it is not push ups, it is pull ups. 20 is the max no time limit.(100 pts) 100 crunches in 120 seconds (100 pts) and you got it right on the three mile run in 18 minutes for max score (100 pts). :beer:

Resting pulse over 60???? HA HA HA HA ..You clearly have no idea about heart rate and what it means. probably 90% of adults range from 65-70 BPM. Any heart Physician will tell you 60-100 BPM is considered normal. Thats a resting heart rate. only well trained athletes are below 60 with some actually as low as 40. Know your facts before you say something so stupid. maybe you just have Dementia and should hang it up. this could be a sign. You sure you don't work for Flexjet?????

You obviously are not a cardiologist. Relax in the AMEs before your EKG and your resting pulse rate might drop. If you pulse drops below 50, expect the FAA to require you be evaluated for bradycardia. That's the threshold to see if you need a pacemaker. Any no, I didn't need one.

All my financial calculators and retirement calculators say I need to work till 72. If I don't die first. ;)

That's in an average market. I am optimistic and think I can beat the market so I am shooting for 69.

Thought you were already there!:p

Some of the whining young ones with a mouh and a gut to match are the ones that should leave.

Okay but how would then having an even higher percentage of gummers in the company make us safer?

How many of your a/c incidents or accidents actually have had an old pilot in the cockpit? I can thing of four here where I work and non of them had an older pilot in them!

How many of your a/c incidents or accidents actually have had an old pilot in the cockpit? I can thing of four here where I work and non of them had an older pilot in them!

The captain of the Beech 1900 who caused 10 seat scheduled commuters to go from FAR 135 to FAR 121 was 35 years old.

Young captains and f/os are not immune to errors; neither are old ones.

Okay but how would then having an even higher percentage of gummers in the company make us safer?

[FONT=&quot]Human beings of all ages make mistakes; young, old, and everywhere in between. The question you really need to be asking is, what age group of professional multi crew pilots have the most fatal accidents. The NTSB documents the age of every airman involved in an accident or incident, so the data is available. Instead, you focus solely on a pilot being gummer, wharever that is, and conclude older pilots are more unsafe than younger pilots.

The problem is, you failed to consider incidents that contradict your theory like the two youngsters who zoom climbed an RJ to FL410. The 31 year old Captain and 23 year old SIC flamed out and seized both engines, and then failed to find a single suitable place to land from FL410. The Colgan accident in Buffalo involving a 47 year old captain with 3300 TT and a 24 year old First Officer with 1400 hours TT. Do you really think it's likely two high time 65 year old pilots would have made the same mistakes? I think it highly unlikely.

In-flight incapacitation, plenty of cases of hearth attacks on pilots under 60, none that I know of pilots over 70. Maybe take the youngest at of an in-flight incapacitation and make that he mandatory age, that would get rid of all those gummers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I see the cognitive decline deniers are out in force today.

Yep. The one thing keeping these Gummers out of trouble is the younger guy babysitting him. And handling both sides of the cockpit. The colgan case you had two pilots that had no business in the cockpit no matter their age. That was just down right stupid. But that's what you get when you pay 25k a year.

Latest resources

Back