• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets VSP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta do it no one else wants to, it is fun, the money is nice and the role of the mentor for the young guys is fulfilling. So life is good And if things work out you to may be an old toole some day:laugh:

Yeah your a real Role Model. Legend in your own mind

Yeah your a real Role Model. Legend in your own mind
yes of course; go enjoy. If things work out, you too will also grow old, but it is something a lot of people never get to do.

Nothing like jumping in the cockpit with another Navy guy who flew in Veitnam and blasting off on a new adventure. 102 years of flying experience since we took that first T-34B ride, hard to beat.

Last edited:
Yip, walked out the hotel in downtown AMS this morning to a DC3 flying low and slow over Centraal Station. Wondered if you were doing a checkride for Fluxjet...:laugh: Couldn't resist referencing that other thread. Fly as long as you can pass the PC and 1st Class. Im going to do the same.

Last edited:
Yip, walked out the hotel in downtown AMS this morning to a DC3 flying low and slow over Centraal Station. Wondered if you were doing a checkride for Fluxjet...:laugh: Couldn't resist referencing that other thread. Fly as long as you can pass the PC and 1st Class. Im going to do the same.
Shhhh, keep this secret, I am doing the DC-3 checks for free to get the program up and running. I have been told they will take good care of me once I get the pilots qualified. Ken seems like a really nice guy, shock hands and everything. ;)

Shhhh, keep this secret, I am doing the DC-3 checks for free to get the program up and running. I have been told they will take good care of me once I get the pilots qualified. Ken seems like a really nice guy, shock hands and everything. ;)

Bwaaaaahahahaha! You're cracking me up!

If only I was 10yrs older, I'd take the money and run, buy some goats and become a goat herd! You herd (wink, wink, pun intended) it here first boys! Goats are the next big thing. Get in on the ground floor and get your herd up and running!

Oh, BTW...I'm going to say less than 100 take the goat herd (VSP) option...

On what schedule? Slave ship 76? Indentured servant 72? Certainly not even close on the 7-7 unless you live in after-midnight central. Tall tales of massive hourly overtime only apply to the handful in the Bubba Club.

Meanwhile, back at the retirement ranch, the majority of those who take the out will be smart, still-capable people who realize this job isn't the be-all, end-all of their existence and either retire gracefully or use the money to soften the financial impact of a lateral move. The pilots who MOST need to take the offer and finally get OUT of the cockpit will be the least likely to take it.

It happened with the flight attendants and it will happen again with the pilots.

Ah, someone who is paying attention!

This is basically it. There are some who are senior (in age) who were planning on leaving soon anyway. This is a nice windfall for them, but it's not enough to entice anyone not already thinking about leaving to go.

I have nothing against the older set continuing to fly. I've found most to pretty competent. But that doesn't change the fact that there are, in fact, some who are losing "it" and really should hang it up, but don't for one reason or another.

And Gut is right about the O/T. I'm in the 650 fleet and I've been stuck on the CC72 schedule. I have some expenses coming I need covered, so I'm moving to the CC76 schedule for one period. Then I plan on heading to the CC52 schedule to regain my life. The thing that's really stood out on the CC schedules so far is that O/T is almost non-existent. Luckily, the base pay is really good, but the only ones getting any real O/T are the bubba club boys.

Not long ago, I flew with a company leg humper who was on the CC76 schedule. He volunteered for an extended day (no life at home I guess) and got it even though the plane was broken and we didn't even fly the next day. I volunteered to stay out an extra day a couple tours ago and was denied (my first volunteer since 2004).

Oh, well. I think a total of about 70 will take the VSP.

Problem is there is a few older ones that are competent. A lot of older ones that aren't and think they are. But I'm guessing maybe they never where so they see no different in their skill set.

Latest resources

Back