• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Places Order For 96 New Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I challenge you to find one NetJets pilot who will say he doesn't care at all about low SIC pay or the domicile issue. One.

Such bitterness already....

Not bitter just stating the facts. And as far as that one pilot that doesnt care, how many voted for the current contract that put us in domicles.

Not bitter just stating the facts. And as far as that one pilot that doesnt care, how many voted for the current contract that put us in domicles.

At least 50%, obviously. But that same contract also gave newhires a 44% raise, which pretty well negates the claim that they don't care about FO pay. And it eliminated the training contract for newhires.

You voted yes as well

With 20 captain bids per month x 12 months=240 captains bids/yr.

At the rate of 5 "true upgrades"/month= 4 yrs for 240 "true upgrades".
Ultra Grump said:
Last awards, 15 of 36 awards were upgrades. 11 of 23 of the latest bid postings were Ultra, Encore, and 400 slots.
skiandsurf said:
But when a bid comes out for 30 captain positions, and 20 of those seats are taken to current captains, it delays the rest of us.
Ultra Grump said:
So 15 of 34 slots were SIC upgrades…
skiandsurf said:
19 upgrades, 12 movers.

At what point do you man up, admit you were wrong, and stop crying about this?

A PIC doesnt upgrade. A PIC may delay (prevent) SICs from upgrading.

First of all, I would consider a PIC going from the X to a PIC in the the EASY an upgrade, wouldn't you? Not in the sense of a SIC to a PIC, but an upgrade in pay within the classes of aircraft, which is what is happening.

You want the facts...The fact is, you took the job knowing that you were going to be in a domicile. No one put you in a domicile. You put yourself there when you decided that this was the job that you wanted. If you don't like it, I'm sure that you are skilled enough of a pilot to go work somewhere else.

Go ahead and blame us pre-contract guys all you want for your commuting or QOL woes...you're still domicile based and the more you bitch about it, the more unhappy you make yourself.

First of all, I would consider a PIC going from the X to a PIC in the the EASY an upgrade, wouldn't you? Not in the sense of a SIC to a PIC, but an upgrade in pay within the classes of aircraft, which is what is happening.

...Personally, I wouldnt go thru a month of training for a $1000-$2000 a year payraise. Not worth it. If you meet the requirements, you can be an IOE type and make much more money....isnt it $12,000/yr.

You want the facts...The fact is, you took the job knowing that you were going to be in a domicile. No one put you in a domicile. You put yourself there when you decided that this was the job that you wanted. If you don't like it, I'm sure that you are skilled enough of a pilot to go work somewhere else.

....Again, for me, the Domicle works to my advantage. I live in Newport Beach, so its either SNA or LAX. I really dont like flying into SNA in the back of an airliner, so LAX is doable. Since I am domiciled, I park my car in The Parking Spot next to the Hilton. My car is close if I need it, its out of the sun, and the company pays for me to park there.

Go ahead and blame us pre-contract guys all you want for your commuting or QOL woes...you're still domicile based and the more you bitch about it, the more unhappy you make yourself.

Guys, I am not "unhappy". I really like this job, and would not leave. I am getting a little tired of the arrogance of these NJ pilots. Most of these guys that have been around here have such a big head, but remember, "youre not a real pilot, until you have gone thru a strike, merge, layoff, bankruptcy, or liquidation". For my sake, I hope you never have to experience this.

"Arrogance. I like that in a pilot."​
--Top Gun--​
We will be going through a merger after 2008.

"You keep thinking Butch. It's what you're good at."

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

:D

...Personally, I wouldnt go thru a month of training for a $1000-$2000 a year payraise.

Look at the payscales again...your numbers aren't accurate. Compare between Class 1,2,3 numbers and Class 4 numbers.

....Again, for me, the Domicle works to my advantage. I live in Newport Beach, so its either SNA or LAX. I really dont like flying into SNA in the back of an airliner, so LAX is doable. Since I am domiciled, I park my car in The Parking Spot next to the Hilton. My car is close if I need it, its out of the sun, and the company pays for me to park there.

So if you are so happy, why do you complain about "how many voted for the current contract that put us in domicles." ?

I am getting a little tired of the arrogance of these NJ pilots.

What did I post that gave you the idea that I am one of these arrogant NJ pilots?

Latest resources

Back