Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

picollo

Hi all,
Just got offered the June 14th class in CMH on the ultra.Wondering if there is anyone else on this board who might be attending.

Also a few questions for those at netjets.
I am doing my simulator first and then the indoc do I get paid from day 1?
How does it work with pay in training??
thanks in advance

Congrats picollo,
You'll love it here at Netjets. Training is really laid back and a good time so just study a little, drink a few beers and have fun.

I will be starting with Netjets on June 14th in Columbus on the Ultra also. Haven't called for my schedule for the sim yet but I'll let you know next week.

Picollo & Jetcap congrats to you both

I'm going through company reccurent that week finishing up on the 14th heading home on the 15th. so if you would like some help or would like to be shown around let me know.

Last edited:
Sting ray,
Thanks for the offer.I definetly need all the help and advice I can get and would gladly buy you a drink in return for your help.

I am still a bit blurry on the pay and benefits issue.Since I start sim training first DO I still get the medical insurance too from day one??

I know I will be reimbursed for the hotel and car during sim training , how often do you guys do expense reports??

How long is the Ultra training?? Do I get the type at the end of the course or during aircraft training??
What can I expect during sim training??( I have already started working on the SOPs)
When can I expect my first check?(kind of anxious about it as I havent been able to save a lot of money at my regional job!!)

Thanks in advance

You do get typed after the sim ride! As for the expense report...i submitted one when i finished the sim training, thenanother after indoc.

There is a cut off date for expense reports...the only thing it does is determine if you get the check within that week or so.....or a little later. But no matter what you will get it.

If you know the sops cold, you will be much better off. That will leave more study time for the systems and memory items in groundschool. Did you get any ultra gouge?? if not, pm me and i can send it to you. Its very helpful and informative.

The sim is some maneuvers....stalls and steep turns...along with many emers and approaches. The usual V1 cuts and single engine stuff. V1 is a breeze in the ultra compared to a turboprop!!
I tink there are 8 sims and then the ride..cant remember. They will make sure your ready for the ride, before they send you p for it. After all the sims, the ride is not that bad at all. BE SURE TO DO THE SOPS IN THE SIM...EVEN IF THE INSTRUCTOR DOESNT STRESS THAT. When i was going thru, some of the training centers didnt stress them , but on the a/c check, you need to know them and to do them.

The first check will come pretty quick depending on when you start and where they are in the pay period. You will probably also draw cpt pay after ^ months or so..maybe sooner if your lucky!!

Not sure on the medical stuff, but it should be from day one if i remember correctly.

hope this helps,

1900cpt

Everyone please be courteous to the folks at FSI.
If you have any problems don't blow your top, talk to
a program manager. Netjets wants people that will be
cool under pressure.

I had a classmate during sim training that was let go because
of his attitude.

Good point bebop.....attitude will get you nowhere here in a hurry!!

If you are having trouble, talk to a pm. If you show that you are trying, working hard, have a GOOD ATTITUDE, they will work with you and get you thru.

1900cpt

Paid every 2 weeks, If your not paid on the first one you will definitely get one the second pay period, depends on how close your start date is to the end of the pay period.
Benes start from day one
Expenese reports after each tour or every week. during initial training i waited till after the type ride. But of course if you need the $$ do it after each week if you have the time.
The sim is pretty strait forward, The 2 most dificult areas are people not studying the SOP's, and if you never used an FMS.
I never even used a glass cockpit before let alone touching an FMS. I made it through, and both of you Pic and Jet have more expierence then when i started here.
You get at least 3 sessions on the FMS alone, There is a cockpit mockup trainer for the FMS in a seperate room then the sims. When its not being used for training, You have access to this trainer to practice on.
The basic flying of the ultra is easier then a lot of multi pistons or any turbo prop. Just remember to do the studying, know the SOP's they are just as important as knowing the airplane.

I will start to look for the ultra stuff and get it to you guys.

Last edited:
I had a classmate during sim training that was let go because
of his attitude.

If you are having trouble, talk to a pm. If you show that you are trying, working hard, have a GOOD ATTITUDE, they will work with you and get you thru.

these two statements are SO true!!! go to have fun, have a good attitude, DONT LIE ANYTIME AND you'll do fine. this works during training and once you're on the road. i've seen guys totally flub up a/c training and the co gave them extra HOURS in the plane, some even got more sim time and the even more hours in the plane, just because they were trying hard and had a good attitude. guys have gone off the end of a 10000' rwy, lied about the circumstances and were fired. others have done similar, admitted their mistakes, and are still here today.

Latest resources

Back