• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Indoc 6 Aug.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any insight on the 800xp (goods and bads)?

Are we talking the traditional 800XP (Honeywell version) or the newer 800XP-C (Collins version)? Did Netjets specify which one you would get?

The Collins version is all glass and a sweet set-up with the Pro Line 21 system up front. Both are nice to fly from what I hear.

Osu

Oh great, just what we need at NJA...another OSU fanatic :)

Welcome aboard....and GO ILLINI!!!

Upgrade in Domicile at Netjets??

Is the Net Jets upgrade sytem similar to the airlines where you upgrade to an equipment type at a particular domicile?

OR,

if you were at TEB (let's say) as a FO and can hold CA...can you stay at TEB or would you have to move somewhere else??

Also, I've heard the company might go back to home basing or at least opening up a few more domiciles? Is this true?

Thanks!

Rich and Brian will be at the Wedge New Hire graduation party tommrow night. They have all kinds of tales from the other side.

Is the Net Jets upgrade sytem similar to the airlines where you upgrade to an equipment type at a particular domicile?

OR,

if you were at TEB (let's say) as a FO and can hold CA...can you stay at TEB or would you have to move somewhere else??

Also, I've heard the company might go back to home basing or at least opening up a few more domiciles? Is this true?

Thanks!

To make it short and sweet, one does NOT have to move when upgrading, regardless of what the bid posting may say about domicile. For instance, if there is a bid for 3 Excel captains in CMH, someone dumb-a-ciled in TEB could bid for the captain opening without having to switch dumb-a-ciles.

As for opening up basing, the company and union are engaged in interest-based bargaining (IBB). It's quite possible that there will some change to the current dumb-a-cile system but we won't know for sure until we see the IBB package, which is supposed to be in early October.

Until that time, it's all conjecture. The company has supposedly admitted that they see that the dumb-a-ciles are driving away newly-hired pilots. And supposedly the company has stated that some of the current HBA's (Home Base Airports) are "problematic" for them. So will there be a change to the current basing rules? We'll have to wait for early October to know for sure, but I think something will have to happen if the company wants to have any chance for the IBB package get ratified by the pilot group.

But again, that's just my opinion and your mileage may vary.

I'll be there and i'm in the 680.

welcome to the 680! Great airplane! After spending 5+ yrs on the ultra it was a nice change. Bags, I'd rather load bags in the 680 vs. the ultra, anyday! Welcome aboard to all the newhires!

Latest resources

Back