• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets in base overnights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you expect some in base overnights for a VNY FO on the 7 day schedule? Thanks

Depends on your fleet, your schedule, your base, and your luck.

Since it's Van Nuys, you'll probably get a small handful of overnights most years.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine just did a 8 day tour, airlined to four different cities, flew one live leg TPA-SAV. He said it was a bummer, he had to use his pre-diem to buy food.

With the dynamic schedule at NetJets, I would not plan on mid tour overnights at base. You just never know where you'll be. I pack for Alaska and the islands when I go on tour. You can start your day thinking you'll overnight in TPA, and end up in COD, LGA, or Belize. You just never know.

I always tell people I never know where I'm going until I get there. Inflight diversions from the company are common, and inflight diversions from the pax happen too. "Going with the flow" is a must for a pilot considering working at NetJets.

With the dynamic schedule at NetJets, I would not plan on mid tour overnights at base. You just never know where you'll be. I pack for Alaska and the islands when I go on tour. You can start your day thinking you'll overnight in TPA, and end up in COD, LGA, or Belize. You just never know.

I always tell people I never know where I'm going until I get there. Inflight diversions from the company are common, and inflight diversions from the pax happen too. "Going with the flow" is a must for a pilot considering working at NetJets.

This is absolutely correct. Very rarely do you wake up with the same schedule that you went to bed with and almost never do you end the day on the plan that you started the day with.

I am PHX based. In the last year, I have had about a dozen overnights in the area. Only about half of those where were I could get home for the overnight. Most of those are because I live fairly close to IWA that we use for a service center.

You'll also learn to never, ever make firm plans with someone in the city in which you think you're going to sleep. I've told people I might be coming, but I don't make any real plans until I've started my rest period.

I have said it before

Listen to the "smoking monkey". he knows what he is talking about.

I would never get an in base overnight because of where live. My folks are in St. Louis. I never ever even call them until I get to the hotel and my duty is ending.

Latest resources

Back