• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Netjets in base overnights

KevinOppelt

Total Time
Can you expect some in base overnights for a VNY FO on the 7 day schedule? Thanks

AftCG182

RIP Avantair
Total Time
10K+
And so begins the NJ re-takeover of flightinfo.com! :D

Pervis

Total Time
12000+
I am CMH based and rarely get a mid tour overnight. Certainly nothing you can plan on.

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
Can you expect some in base overnights for a VNY FO on the 7 day schedule? Thanks
Depends on your fleet, your schedule, your base, and your luck.

Since it's Van Nuys, you'll probably get a small handful of overnights most years.

Last edited:

pilotyip

Total Time
A buddy of mine just did a 8 day tour, airlined to four different cities, flew one live leg TPA-SAV. He said it was a bummer, he had to use his pre-diem to buy food.

fischman

Total Time
With the dynamic schedule at NetJets, I would not plan on mid tour overnights at base. You just never know where you'll be. I pack for Alaska and the islands when I go on tour. You can start your day thinking you'll overnight in TPA, and end up in COD, LGA, or Belize. You just never know.

I always tell people I never know where I'm going until I get there. Inflight diversions from the company are common, and inflight diversions from the pax happen too. "Going with the flow" is a must for a pilot considering working at NetJets.

surveypilot

Total Time
5000+
With the dynamic schedule at NetJets, I would not plan on mid tour overnights at base. You just never know where you'll be. I pack for Alaska and the islands when I go on tour. You can start your day thinking you'll overnight in TPA, and end up in COD, LGA, or Belize. You just never know.

I always tell people I never know where I'm going until I get there. Inflight diversions from the company are common, and inflight diversions from the pax happen too. "Going with the flow" is a must for a pilot considering working at NetJets.

This is absolutely correct. Very rarely do you wake up with the same schedule that you went to bed with and almost never do you end the day on the plan that you started the day with.

I am PHX based. In the last year, I have had about a dozen overnights in the area. Only about half of those where were I could get home for the overnight. Most of those are because I live fairly close to IWA that we use for a service center.

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
You'll also learn to never, ever make firm plans with someone in the city in which you think you're going to sleep. I've told people I might be coming, but I don't make any real plans until I've started my rest period.

Semore Butts

Total Time
9000+
I have said it before

Listen to the "smoking monkey". he knows what he is talking about.

I would never get an in base overnight because of where live. My folks are in St. Louis. I never ever even call them until I get to the hotel and my duty is ending.

FLYLOW22

Total Time
TT
2 times a year. Maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acaTerry

SAPM
Total Time
7000+
Your best bet to have mid tour overnights is to move to TEB or HPN. PHX based, in my 12th year, had 7 mid tour overnights, ever. Started tour in base about 4 or 5 times.