• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets App - Question ... DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a couple of things it is records that is holding up nj not training. Training is going through changes but in the end its the same old changes that everyone claims to make and nobody ever does. It doesn't matter how many past guys in charge of safety or training there are helping the company. Unless the company gets records and themselves behind it will never happen.

One thing that people tend to do is use the 3 months as an excuse. The company is still paying you to sit at home. So use that time to watch the company dvd, go over your sop's, look at the flight tranining manuals, go over your sop's.

You can prepare yourself while you wait. they are paying you to do it.

Amazing. Now we pay people to fly 2.2 hrs in six months... while I do 14/10.

WTF Why don't I get all that time off when I switch airplanes. If anybody gets time off it should be the Captains.

Fatigued in Seattle.​

Trust me gunfyter, I'm as shocked as you are concerning my idle time.......I actually feel pretty guilty about it. When I tell my airline buddies that I haven't flown a trip yet, they are in utter disbelief, and can't believe that the company has let me sit and ferment for 6 months.

Guys like you are out there busting their a$$, and I get an extended paid vacation. I've pretty much given up trying to understand how NJA operates.

Archie you should call Records or Flight Training if you want to get off the couch. It's possible you were lost in the system. Ask them what the deal is.

And despite this Company's inefficiencies....we are still making butt-loads of $$$$$$$

I don't know how they do it. In addition to my groovy NJA watch, I just received my Santulli care package today with all the goodies (shirts, hats, et al). Since NJA likes to spend money like a drunken sailor in Thailand, maybe next year someone can suggest NetJets cars for all employees? You know, nothing too fancy.....maybe a Mercedes CLS? :D

I am seeing:
Poor SOP's.
Attitudes that reflect questioning the way NJA does things as opposed to "their" former" carrier.
Not understanding what the Fractionals really entail.
People not realizing that owners can show up early which means we had better be ready when we can.
It seems that a few of the people I have flown with know how to pass IOE but once released to the road they feel they can revert back to doing things "their" way.

I'm not going to stand for it.....here are the SOP's...follow them like everyone else or get the heck out of here.

This is only a small handful of guys. But the problem seems to exist amongst former Captains from a certain East Coast Regional airline that is no longer in business.

Come on...coffee, paper, ice, clearance and common sense...its not that hard!!!!!

I have no problems working with someone who is willing to learn....but the attitude of "I'm done with IOE so I'll do what I want because NJA needs people" isn't going to fly with me.

You are of course referring to Independence Air. First, Independence did not end it's life as a "East Coast Regional airline". We were a LCC on par with SouthWest and JetBlue with the one exception that we went out of business. Anyway, the point of my point is to point out that the folks that rode Independence Air to the end were ALL former Captains in at the least a CRJ and many were left seat of the Airbus. Regardless of type it is a very tough pill to swallow going from the cats meow, making the big decisions to throwing bags in a little jet for some rich dude. I know that's the job and so do the former Indy guys doing it at NetJets. I'm just saying it's hard and cut the guy a little slack. It takes awhile to become adjusted to a new reality but I'm sure most, if not all, will do it well.

Independence Air was something that we all embraced and supported to the end. To watch our dreams evaporate in front of us and then be confronted with the current job market warrants just a little empathy. I'm not suggesting a free pass, just a little understanding.

Fly safe.

Last edited:
Archie you should call Records or Flight Training if you want to get off the couch. It's possible you were lost in the system. Ask them what the deal is.

Lost in Space.........actually I prefer the "Milton" from Office Space comparison.

When I completed Company Aircraft Training in Sept, the IP completed all the paperwork, and faxed copies of all my "stuff" to aircrew training/records. I thought everything was good to go. A day or two later, I received a crackberry message that said the faxed copy of my ATP certificate was illegible, and would I please resend. No problem....I faxed another copy, and I scanned and emailed another copy to aircrew training/records just to be sure. Again, I thought everything was good to go. Tick, tock, tick, tock.................about a month and a half later, I get another crackberry message that says my ATP certificate is not legible, and please resend again. What the fu*k??? Ok, this time I blow it up, re-fax it, and call to make sure they have a legible copy. Great, done......tick, tock, tick, tock......Another couple of weeks go by, and then I get a crackberry message that says I am now released to IOE. Hurrah!!! Tick, tock, tick, tock.......that was at the beginning of the month. Still sitting here. Maybe they're having a hard time getting an IOE Capt during my 7 days on?? Anyone, anyone, Bueller? Everytime I've called crew training or scheduling in the past, I've always get the same answer.....we should get to you by next month at the latest......give us a call then. Which brings us to the present........I'm thinking of picking up a second job stacking lightbulbs at Home Depot while I wait. What do you think?:)

If you were released to IOE and haven't been paired with an IOE Capt then it may be a records issue. You probably aren't showing IOE in the system. Either that or you are shown as IOE and X IOE Captains are hard to come by.

I'd be bored out of my mind if I were in your shoes. 6 months of rot sounds like a grievance waiting to be filed.

Having flown with a number of new hires recently I can honestly say that I'm not that impressed. Take it for what its worth.

I personally sent 2 people back for some more IOE!!!!![/quote]

I've only been here a year, but i've flown with 1 or 2 captains that I wish i could send back to IOE...I know my class was very well qualified and had tons of experience, I can't speak for the last few months, but i'm sure your experience was a fluke based on what i've heard and seen.

Latest resources

Back