Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets Home Basing? Will it come back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long do you think it would take to transfer to PBI from CMH if initially awarded CMH as a domicile? We talking months or years?

Hi!

If I lived in GRB, I would want to airline out of there, no MIA.

However, if I was on vacation in SAN, for example, I would want to airline out of SAN for that tour.

And, if I had a paid ticket to ZLO for vacation, out of HOU, I would want to end my tour airlining into HOU.

cliff
YIP

How long do you think it would take to transfer to PBI from CMH if initially awarded CMH as a domicile? We talking months or years?

really tough to say. assuming nothing happens in oct, you could be in cmh for a year. depends on what a/c you get and what they are hiring into. If you come here wanting to switch domiciles, my advice is to plan on not switching.. Then, if by some chance you have the opportunity, it's like hitting the $5.00 lotto.. best of luck

All you folks talking about the recent LOA's, pretty much don't have a clue!!

Let's see, after midnight events. Company can't get me home on day 7. So in most cases I get home before noon time on day 8. Oh, and how painful for me, the company compensates me with $1,600 for working an additional 12 hours (plus OT in some cases)!!! Yup, that is painful and I can see how that sucks!!! Having said that, fewer and fewer after midnights are occurring, not increasing contrary to popular belief!!

3 hour show/go for airlines. First of all, if you are dumb enough to show at terminal at briefed show time for a 3 hour airline then you deserve to rot!! Common sense goes a long way!! We are adults, and even though the company might not always treat us as such, we have a great deal of independence to do whatever it takes as long as the task is accomplished. Then, say you DID show 3 hours+ at terminal, oh boy, how painful, I take my Hotel and relax in my room even for 15 minutes. Never say no to a Hotel room!!

FRIDA LOA. Same thing. Company gives you a show for a 6 hour FRIDA assignment. AGAIN, if you show at briefed show time, you are stupid enough to deserve to ROT for 6 hours. Common sense!! Stay at your Hotel, but be ready to go within 10 minutes knowing you are on duty. I have NEVER in 8 years been on "standby" without an airplane or crew, and given an assignment that required to say pick up a rental car, or drop in another (earlier) airplane in less than 30 minutes!! That is more than enough time to get your but out of the Hotel and to FBO/Terminal.

Common sense!! Now, if you get assigned Hot Spare at FBO, that is a different story!! You better be airborne in 30 minutes since you have good airplane and good crew.

If anyone lets scheduling control your life more than necessary, you will be very unhappy. Again, common sense. I have never heard of ANYONE get fired not being at the FBO during FRIDA, show/go more than 3 hours and not at Terminal, etc!!

Common sense!! Bottom line is this. The company has me more or less for 14 hours each day for 7 days. When I'm tired, I say I'm tired and that's the end of it!! I let them run me as hard as they want, but when I need more rest, all I have to say is fatigued!! No questions asked!! It would be nice to have long layovers, sit at the beach, see places, but this is not a typical 91 or 135 job.

I couldn't help myself reading all the posts by the big baby whiners, even passing judgment on a TA that has not even come out yet!!! Wait and see. If you don't like it, you one vote just like all members!! And when it comes out, issuing opinions at that time IS a healthy thing to do!! But now, with nothing in place, is simply immature and childish!!

But then again, there are those who will ALWAYS complaint, no matter HOW MUCH THEY make, how much time off they have, etc. I for one am very grateful to have this job and the security that comes along with it. By the time I left this job, went to say Southwest, took a $80k paycut first year, it would take me 5 or 6 year just to get back to my current level, plus the time it would take to recoup the losses, IF upgrades continue as they are now, which clearly they won't. So that probably 8 or 9 years to recoup pay, not to mention I will have 12 weeks vacation in 2 years (4 weeks which is really 12 weeks), pay nothing for health care, 401k like no other (no retirement contribution or profit sharing like SOME carriers), live wherever I want, take 2 PAID vacations a year (positive space), and work about 21 weeks a year???

I can see how working for CAL, DL, UA, AA would make a lot of sense!! Doing very boring flying in and out of the hubs, flying that does not challenge me in any way shape or form, sitting in the right seat for 10 years, etc. Oh yeah, very enticing!!

In my opinion, this job has changed significantly (for the positive) since IBT1108/Strong Union came to power. No job is perfect, I am well aware of that!! But to me, this is as close at it comes!!!

Latest resources

Back