Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets Home Basing? Will it come back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, how about scheduling/travel abuse of the 'new' after midnight language? Are you ready for 8/6?

How about the double OT after being at the terminal for more than 3 hrs.

If you are offered a hotel by the company you no longer get the double OT.....whether you take the hotel or not.

Where is that in the LOA?....it isn't

I can only hope that any positive changes in the current domicile system is not tied to the upcoming October LOA vote.

Presently, I am not in favor of some of the LOA's and the loopholes that Company has already begun to exploit. If these loopholes are not remedied I will have no choice but to vote against the entire package.....

The domicile issue isn't even a change in the CBA so there shouldn't be any need for membership ratification. The current CBA allows the Company to open up as many new domiciles as they wish without any input from the Union.

you need to watch the hangar video on crew ops. it will give you a little more info than you have now.

I'll watch the video but I'll also keep in mine what is going on out on the line and make my decision from that.

I expect a pretty good sales pitch in the next few months.

so the loa goes TU in dec then what? Now the company will continue to offer hotels if you sit in the terminal for more then 3 hours.. if not you get single ot..
also the aftermidnight.. guess what.. the company would still continue it's present scheduling practices..why? because there would be quite a few pilots who wouldn't bother grieving it. They will take their 1 extended day and not bother with the paperwork...

Yeah, the loa's have proven the company would rather pay for hotels rather then pay the pilots, but they will continue this whether or not it's voted in.

Yes, the Company could do the right thing now, but I think it's highly unlikely that they will without first trying to get something they want in exchange. From their perspective, they have something the pilots want.

As very few are privy to the talks going on during IBB, it seems apparent that the soonest opportunity of having a real look at the results of IBB will be in October....

The package needs to close the loopholes, clean up the ambiguous language, and be an improvement worth voting for. I couldn't agree more. NJW

The company can open HBA's or more domiciles RIGHT NOW.

What they waiting for?

Maybe its not about opening up more "domiciles" Maybe it is, like BO said, a long term fix... We need to change the way the contract reads even if they do open more domiciles, for instance...The ability to change domiciles every 3 months as the HBA folks do now. Just one small example. The company can't change all of this tomorrow. They need it to be voted on if we are to make permanent improvements.

For example?

LOC concerning FRDA. For those not in the know, This LOC essentially gave the company a chance to crew rot us for up to 6 hours in a day which is totally against the spirit of the language in the CBA. It was intended for the company to get a crew and airworthy plane matched up. Instead it is used for punitive scheduling routinely. I don't know what we got for that, but whatever it was it was too much.

After-midnight? How many have you had?
3 hour airline show? didn't take them long to find a loophole there.

IBB has yet to impress me...

Latest resources

Back