Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets Home Basing? Will it come back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not going to be a slam-dunk. Because of the way the contract reads, pilots who are presently HBA'd could be entrapped by the 90 mile domicile net should the city they are living near become a domicile.

The company has the right to open a domicile anywhere it pleases, unilaterally. However, it doesn't want to start a mutiny.

Not according to BO and RTS...In the Hangar meeting they said absolutely NO pilots would be displaced from their HBA if they expanded domiciles...

So what does this mean for people that have currently submitted their applications for TEB/CMH? Does this mean hiring will halt until domiciles are figured out? Been 2.5 weeks since my application arrived in CMH and still waiting for the app accepted email. Wrote on application that I was willing to accept TEB or CMH, whichever was available first. If new domiciles open up, does that mean a long wait for getting hired? If lots of Indy guys leave TEB if an IAD domicile would open, I assume they would still need to hire to fill the TEB loss. Or am is this thinking wrong?

Last edited:
BO said if you live in kansas city, get your app. in.
Guess that means more gateways? HBA guys will NOT be affected! They couldn't stress that enough. They said we are progressing, NOT regressing. They wouldn't give all the details because they are still discussing options. Looks like it's going to get a whole lot better for us commuters.

On the other hand ... no agreement might be reached ... in which case we get whatever is negotiated in 2010 and everything remains the way it is now until then.

You are rolling the dice if you make a move based on what MIGHT happen.

Be ready to accept the consequences if you don't roll a SEVEN

Actually it can't hurt to apply now. We will know what happens in Oct before anyone who applies now gets hired so its really a no risk situation. If nothing changes, don't take the interview...

Excellent idea! Likewise, if you want to apply but are put off by the Domicile Debacle why not call up to ask for an update on the situation. Then say, "Oh sorry, I was only interested if the list was being expanded to something reasonable."

Good luck to all of the NJ domicile pilots and any of you waiting for an improvement. Keep speaking out. It can't hurt, and it may very well be making a difference. Guess we'll find out in October...

Fingers crossed...:)
Netjetwife

I can only hope that any positive changes in the current domicile system is not tied to the upcoming October LOA vote.

Presently, I am not in favor of some of the LOA's and the loopholes that Company has already begun to exploit. If these loopholes are not remedied I will have no choice but to vote against the entire package.....

The domicile issue isn't even a change in the CBA so there shouldn't be any need for membership ratification. The current CBA allows the Company to open up as many new domiciles as they wish without any input from the Union.

Latest resources

Back