Neelman Buying Jetblue Back? NO

Fins Up

Fly Fast, Live Slow
Total Time
http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2011/04/06/bsg_azul_neelman.fortune/

Very interesting quick conversation though. He doesnt hold much back.
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. He seems to blame the board for a lot of the company's faults, but many at the company blame him for trying to micro-manage and do everything himself - not letting his people do their jobs.

As far as buying back JetBlue being "always an option", he makes it sound like it's a done deal any time he wants. I doubt that's the case.

Lastly, I heard with my own ears, straight from Neeleman's mouth five years ago that if a union ever came on property, he would leave JetBlue. If don't think he wants to have to deal with ALPA or any other union at JB when he can be a one man show at Azul.

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
One huge benefit if it actually happend: more BRAZILIAN flight attendants!!!!!! :beer:

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
NO no no... nonono... The company is not for sale. We will have organic growth behind our moat. The odds of a hostile takeover are deminimus due to our poison pill. We would like to solidify this with our pilots in a show of good will. We would like them to sign off on 78 seat scope, unlimited code shares, and the ability to create and operate a alter ego airilne. Plus if they sign off on this it could be worth a 1% pay increase. Well? It's better than what you have now...

B6ELT