Need Time on C206! Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bush,

I appreciate your desire; it's an honorable one. The best path to doing what you want is to find work that will give you the experience to expand on your dream. Unfortunately, if you rent a 206 for a few hours, it won't help much.

Right now you need to meet the 135 VFR minimums. A variety of 135 opreators around the country do the type of work you're looking for; you could easily start in the Grand Canyon in 206's and 207's, or flying for any number of operators in Alaska. Step one is getting the minimums down, but start applying right now. Get resumes made up and start sending them out.

Determination and desire count for a lot, mot most importantly, being in the right place at the right time counts. The best way to hedge your bet is to be in every place at every time; frequent updates, lots of resumes, and an ability to show progress in your flying. Keep hounding companies, and you'll come up with what you want.

A Squared may be able to give you a few links in his neck of the woods; he's probably the most aware of what's going on up there right now, and might be able to give you an idea where to start. (I have a few suggestions, but I think most folks who have been up there would say don't bother...LAB anyone?).

Latest resources

Back