Need some advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SDdriver

I need some friendly advice from someone concerning my situation.

Would you,

Take a job flying a turboprop over 20,000lbs, PIC for pretty good money or,

Take a job flying right seat for about a year to upgrade in a 1900 for a commuter at about 1/3 of the pay?

Your ultimate goal is long term employment with either a major airline or a major freight airline (UPS, FEDEX, and such).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Fly safe!

First change your user name,

So that you don't get confused with other SDD's.

Take the PIC. PIC is golden. If the commuter fell through after a year, you'ld have nothing. If the PIC job fell through after a year, you'ld have a years worth of PIC in the bag. Guess which is worth more?
Good Luck

8N

PS, take the one that gets you off of reserve first. Then you won't be like me. Sitting here in a crashpad, 1000 miles away from home, wasting my day on the internet. :)

PIC time

I second the above. Absolutely, take the PIC job. Are you already typed in the equipment or will they pay for it? Don't take it if you have to pay for the type rating. Try, always, to get your ratings on the company nickel.

look at it and see how quickly you will gain the pic HRS. The 1900 job might be qucker even though the first year is as an FO, depending on the amount of flying you get at either Job. Of course a liveable wage is important.
I belive both those companies whant the PIC turbine. which ever job gets you to your goal quicker.
PIC turbine is golden time:cool:

Last edited:
Is the PIC turbine time in a twin engine aircraft or in a single? If it is in a single engine aircraft there is some pretty good pro/con debate on a previous thread. I think if you search the forum using 'caravan time' you would pick up some good info. I would ordinarily suggest going for the PIC turbine [golden] time; however, I have several hundred hours single-engine PIC turbine time and am now dredging for every hour of PIC-multi-turbine that I can.
Good luck in your career. Sounds like you are in a good position whichever course you choose.

Latest resources

Back