need info on good flying schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
norskman2,

I'm sorry, but this dude is telling this kid to not take handouts and comparing it to pft. How is taking a handout in any conceivable way taking away a paying job? I just don't see the connection.

" Hey weren't you the one in previous posts that complained about people buying a job and not earning it..I thought you earned your job...You were siding on how great pilots are when they earn their certificates and don't PFT."

I earned my certificates. I may have not paid for some of them, but I still took the time and dedication to do it. By taking a handout I was able to concentrate much more on the task at hand. I agree that people who pay their way through college by working a job and going to school full time are doing something right, because it's tough and not all, but some of them can't put a lot of time into studying and still manage to do quite well (get good grades that is). I have nothing but respect for those people.

Mr. Pilot, I think your missing the point entirely. pft is not taking a handout. pft is taking a paying job away from a qualified pilot. so finally, pft = pay for job. pft does not = taking handouts.

I don't think I'm alone here, but Pilot3729 hmmm, there's just something about you.

Roger and affirm, Jaybird. Right on the money. Taking a handout does not equal PFT. Not even close to the same thing.

It's just that when these guys degenerate into bashing, name-calling and personal attacks the key points kinda get lost.

Wheels up and fly safe!

Stay on Target !!!

Tigger: Congratulations, it takes many people years to figure out what they want to do in their life. I know this as I was one of them. The first thing I would recommend is concentrating on your school work primarily to attain the best grades that you can. This will allow options for you when you graduate from highschool. Remember to also do well in a few years when you take your ACT or SAT EXAMS. Many universities and colleges will send letters to those individuals that do well on these test and have a good academic record. This in and of itself could provide you with many scholarships hence allowing you to use your money however attained for continuing your Pilot Ratings. If you choose the military, which is probably the best route to go in my opinion, there are many excellent choices. USAFA, Naval Academy, Westpoint, and many military prep schools located throughout the country that offer scholarships. Again, you save money with this option and have more finances for flying. Additionally, if you qualify you can have the military train you to fly. If your set on the civillian route I would give a good look at Embry Riddle.

As for right now today.....Once again, concentrate on your school work, sports, clubs at school and perhaps try to get a job doing just about anything at your local airport. This will allow you to be around the business and meet people. Take some flying lessons whenever you can with a well qualified instructor. The best instructors will be happy to share their knowledge with you both on the ground and in the air. Good Luck to You. Aviation is alot of fun but always remember to take it seriously and dont allow less mature friends or acquaintences to pressure you into stupid things. Above all, Stay Focused!!!!!!!The Rewards can be greater then you ever imagined....

Latest resources

Back