Navy Resignation Extensions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

70734guy

Any other Navy guys out there try to extend their resignation date? I'm resigned as of January but would like to extend for 3 months. Apparently the new policy is no extensions at all. I think they are trying to force guys into taking orders. Has anyone actually submitted an extension letter in the last month and received a reply?

extensions

I was supposed to get out Nov 1 and was able to extend to Feb 1. Detailer said one shot deal. My original prd was Mar 02. Wishing now I would've extended longer. I worked my extension through my CO.

What we are hearing down in TRACOM is Bupers is not granting any extensions. You basically have 3 options: to get out at your PRD, take orders (some guys in Kingsville are getting flying billets) or you can extend one year in the Navy, just pick what boat you want to out go on.

extensions

Or you could just kill yourself; which is probably preferable to option number 3.

Hawkeye126 said:
What we are hearing down in TRACOM is Bupers is not granting any extensions. You basically have 3 options: to get out at your PRD, take orders (some guys in Kingsville are getting flying billets) or you can extend one year in the Navy, just pick what boat you want to out go on.

Extensions

70734guy,
I'm going through the same hand-wringing as you are right now. I'm due to roll out of my current cush job next summer, my MSR is up in May and I'd like to apply to the May TAR board. I've got a buddy that just retired out of BUPERS who is going to get me the gouge on extensions. A little breathing room would be nice until things on the outside and inside settle down a bit.

Regards,

krofly

Great gig!

Clownpilot,
How did you get the MD-80/737-800 gig? Is it really Navy C-9's and C-40's (or whatever they're calling the new VR transport)? A P-3 guy would really salivate over a set of those orders!

Regards,

krofly

Re: Great gig!

Yeah, I was lucky enough to change detailers. The American Airlines recruiter offered much better orders than that other guy. Ha.

They were generous enough to supply the planes too.

krofly said:
Clownpilot,
How did you get the MD-80/737-800 gig? Is it really Navy C-9's and C-40's (or whatever they're calling the new VR transport)? A P-3 guy would really salivate over a set of those orders!

Regards,

krofly

Latest resources

Back