• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Business Aviation Association 2013

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did look inside the 500. Well, the cockpit anyway. The cabin was blocked off by a fancy painted divider that told me they hadn't finished the completion in back.

Two years ago, I walked through the mock-up and was impressed by what I saw. Would have been nice to see the real-world complete airplane.

The cockpit seems very nice. Cleanest panel I have ever seen. Hardly any buttons. I would have sat in the cockpit for a moment but a salesman was up front with a prospect. There were a bunch of temporary wires taped here and there in the cockpit and the salesman was going on about "when this is certified it will...." And "when that is approved you can...." Struck me as very much a work in progress.

Haven't studied that airplane's numbers yet to get an idea about where it should sit within the market but there IS something that is a little "odd" about its ramp presence. Can't put my finger on it but it doesn't scream "fast and sexy" like so many other airplanes.

Maybe others see that too.

Last edited:
If ramp presence was the big factor, the G200 (friend refers to it as the "G2Ugly"), probably wouldn't be as successful as it is... In contrast, the CL300/350 has a great ramp presence.

Based on what I have read in recent articles, the 500 sounds like a winner in terms of comfort and performance:

http://www.embraerexecutivejets.com/en-US/jets/legacy-500/Pages/technology.aspx

Still, surprising that Embraer hasn't worked out E500 deals with Netjets and FLOPS given the previous Phenom/Legacy orders...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back