• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N4niner206

With Lady-J Adapter
National Airline Quality Ratings 2008

Link: http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/wsunews/news/?nid=182

"The AQR scores for the largest airlines for 2007 resulted in the following ranking:
1. AirTran
2. Jet Blue
3. Southwest
4. Northwest
5. Frontier
6. Continental
7. Alaska
8. United
9. American
10. Delta
11. US Airways
12. Mesa
13. SkyWest
14. Comair
15. American Eagle
16. Atlantic Southeast

Only four of the 16 airlines improved their AQR score. They were AirTran, American Eagle, Atlantic Southeast and Mesa. The most improved airline was Mesa; it improved in three of the four categories – denied boardings, mishandled bags and customer complaints. Its on-time performance was similar to last year.

The airline that declined the most in performance was US Airways."

Looks like ASA improved, yet still finished dead last. Wow.

Last edited:
You do remember ASA was in the final stages of contract negotiations for 3/4 of 2007 right?

How can anyone forget! Funny thing is, everyone seems to act as though the pilots have THAT much impact on the operation. Sure we have to do our jobs, but from my limited experience, corporate/ops/gate/ramp usually have the final say on how well the operation performs. I'd say pilots across the board usually do the jobs well enough and can have a limited impact.

I agree, but unfortunately at ASA, the pilots have to initiate EVERYTHING. If we don't call for cleaning/lav/catering/fuel/GSE it simply will not be done. In September, just to experiment, we sat at the gate 90 min. past dep. time, and suddenly flight control calls to ask where we are. "why haven't you left?" "because we are waiting on fuel and you forgot about us"

I'm gonna start handing out lottery tickets, cigarettes, and giant wall clock necklaces to the rampies if we get out on time.

It has gotten marginally better

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back