• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just got a call from a buddy of mine in the Middle East, he said that a National 74-400 crashed on take off at about 1100Z today. anyone have any details? I have a few friends that work there.​

Witness statement of internet

"I witnessed this crash today and there was no Taliban involvement i can tell you this for sure the 747 Took off and commenced a quite steep climb out not unusual for here then one of two things happened in my opinion either the strong head wind or a micro up burst caused it to pith upward at what looked to be at least 85deg. Nose up or the cargo shifted to the rear and caused it to nose up. it then did what all swept wing aircraft do in a stall and pitched left at about 1200 Ft AGL then it seemed like the pilot tried to correct and it pitched right and headed for the ground just before impact it looked like it had flattened out to nearly level but had very little or no forward speed what followed was the ground shook followed by a large ball of fire and a huge black cloud of smoke. I truly wish i had not seen this but i did and my prayers and thoughts go out to all involved both on board and the family and loved ones of the crew and passengers."

Unconfirmed But From some company personnel I hear probably a load shift on take off. causing a stall
8 people perished on board.
sorry to hear this.

Last edited:
Pprune.org has more Infos. RIP to all crew members and best wishes, strength to families in such difficult moments.

After talking to one of our Captains that flew to Bagram today I'm guessing it was a microburst.

Godspeed brothers.

Not even going to speculate on the cause....I knew five of the folks on the flight. My thoughts and prayers go out to their families.

Latest resources

Back