• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N452fx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you Phenom guys; are you trying to shut us down ?

That’s about the stupidest thing I’ve ever read, EVER! Yeah, the Phenom pilots are intentionally putting incidents and accidents on their records to prove a point. Jesus, could your ego be any bigger? While there is a LOT of investigating to be done early indications are that there was black ice all over the area, not just at the airport. Could that have been a factor? Too early to say, but to suggest that a group of pilots would intentionally jeopardize their lives in the moment and their careers in the long run is the epitome of arrogant. Get over yourself, jackass!

That’s about the stupidest thing I’ve ever read, EVER! Yeah, the Phenom pilots are intentionally putting incidents and accidents on their records to prove a point. Jesus, could your ego be any bigger? While there is a LOT of investigating to be done early indications are that there was black ice all over the area, not just at the airport. Could that have been a factor? Too early to say, but to suggest that a group of pilots would intentionally jeopardize their lives in the moment and their careers in the long run is the epitome of arrogant. Get over yourself, jackass!
So if there was Black Ice everywhere, why in the world would they choose to land?? Pressure from the company? Complete lack of judgement? There should have been red flags on this everywhere, which would warrant field condition reports. Seriously, how many airplanes can options run off runways and still exist?!

Maybe they should Enable automatic bumpers on each side of the runway kinda of like in a bowling alley when a kid is up so they don’t get a gutter ball.

Man, talk about stupid. You are a total idiot. Have you never heard of sarcasm you dumbass!

Early indications suggest that one side of the house keeps running planes off runways, in some cases causing hull losses, by crossing thresholds at ref + 50, landing long and fast with excessive tailwinds in a thunderstorm, landing unstable with excessive tailwinds ahead of a front, choosing a 4000 fr runway when 6500 was available and then landing fast with a tailwind or flying their plane through hail because radars are hard to read and stuff.

So I think the one side of the house can be forgiven for believing, probably correctly, that the other side done gone and fudged up again.

The FAA believed that the next Flops incident would be in May based on recent history. They were too optimistic apparently.

Let’s hope that the crew in question wasn’t culpable and were the victims of failures or conditions beyond their control. But I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

Well we will see. I have flown with both of the pilots involved. What separates this incident from the others is the fact that This is the first time an unabashed Union supporter was involved. He was always conservative in his runway calculations, and was willing to go toe to toe when faced with a pilot pusher. The facts will come out in due time.

Early indications suggest that one side of the house keeps running planes off runways, in some cases causing hull losses, by crossing thresholds at ref + 50, landing long and fast with excessive tailwinds in a thunderstorm, landing unstable with excessive tailwinds ahead of a front, choosing a 4000 fr runway when 6500 was available and then landing fast with a tailwind or flying their plane through hail because radars are hard to read and stuff.

So I think the one side of the house can be forgiven for believing, probably correctly, that the other side done gone and fudged up again.

The FAA believed that the next Flops incident would be in May based on recent history. They were too optimistic apparently.

Let’s hope that the crew in question wasn’t culpable and were the victims of failures or conditions beyond their control. But I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

The big question is why?

There is much speculation, several possible answers.

Look back at my 10 plus years history on Flightinfo and you'll see I have never been an advocate of our training department. I know the knee-jerk response will be our training is better but the fact is there has never been substantive proof our schoolhouse makes us better over any other outfit out there similar in size and scope. And many great organizations with "substandard" in-house training departments (yes several of our instructors have the hubris to declare our superiority to outfits like AA and DAL) have better records when factored.

So why? Is it the caliber of pilot? That's a little harsh and arrogant. Is it their FOM? Well if that's true it won't be long before FX crews are culpable. Is it the union? Naysayers will say yes but that's just foolish and ridiculous hot air, especially since most of the pilots were anti union at the time of the incidents. Is it fatigue? Pressure? Maintenance? Aircraft peculiarities? We need to personally investigate every possible cause and do a self evaluation. If we determine, personally, the issue is more company than pilot, well...

One thing is for sure. The FAA was already expressing their concerns this was a COMPANY issue. To beat their incident expectation by 4 months is not good. I would not be surprised to see them ground the fleet and make other recommendations that put other fleets under the microscope.

One thing's for sure. We cannot handle a fleet shutdown. We are spread paper thin as it is... are you starting to see Kenn maybe is not the aviation business god all RL pilots hail him to be?

Latest resources

Back