• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N452fx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot pushing, and that is the problem that is driving this trend, is a union/nonunion issue. Because of the divisive environment management has created, there is pressure on one side of the operation. The only reason our side of the operation has not faced similar pushing is because management hope for union decertification. If they are able to achieve this, they will push everyone.

Are you guys serious? Doh is right. This has nothing to do with ****ty pilots or lackluster training. This has everything to do with company culture from the top down and if I can add, hair brained management ideas and execution.

These posts are schizophrenic. We must realize it could all be us but then in the next breath have the audacity to say it won't because Flexjetters fart nuggets of gold in comparison to our red headed step brothers?

The degradation that has occurred at Options will occur (and is occuring) at Flexjet. The only thing slowing our roll is the union and the fact KR was not in the mix of our inception.

Every incident that we have heard about (because let's face the fact this company is very good at keeping these sorts of reports out of the press) can be specifically tied to pressure, fatigue, poor management ideas or execution. Dedicated crews lead to cockpit complacency. Pressure leads to poor decision making. Inadequate staffing leads to fatigue. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I will say it again: a strong cohesive union is our only chance to continue to conduct ourselves with the level of professionalism our passengers deserve.

This decert drive is not about different representation. It is about getting back to NO REPRESENTATION. Ask these asshats about their plan to just get voted in and step down. They have no plan to negotiate anything.

Keep in mind if you send in a card you are not voting for a vote. You are in fact simply handing KR back every ability to run your career into the ground, unfettered, unopposed.

Pilot pushing, and that is the problem that is driving this trend, is a union/nonunion issue. Because of the divisive environment management has created, there is pressure on one side of the operation. The only reason our side of the operation has not faced similar pushing is because management hope for union decertification. If they are able to achieve this, they will push everyone.
It’s about safet. When I look at every segment of my trip and decide whether it’s a go or no-go, the last thing that enters my mind is the company. If the numbers work, I go. If they don’t, I don’t. I’m not saying I won’t get caught in that situation where I judged wrong, but if I do, it won’t be because of the company pushing me into a bad situation. I feel I can speak for most of the pilots on the Flexjet side when I say, “ our judgement concerning safety is not in any way influenced in any way by pressure from the company”. You can take that to the bank.

If the company interferes and does unjustly fire me for a safety related decision I make, you can be sure that my days of not being financially secure are over.

Again.. I call bs on this being a union issue. If it is, then we have one weakest pilot groups in the industry.

This industry is unionized. That is why it is strong.

It’s about safet. When I look at every segment of my trip and decide whether it’s a go or no-go, the last thing that enters my mind is the company. If the numbers work, I go. If they don’t, I don’t. I’m not saying I won’t get caught in that situation where I judged wrong, but if I do, it won’t be because of the company pushing me into a bad situation. I feel I can speak for most of the pilots on the Flexjet side when I say, “ our judgement concerning safety is not in any way influenced in any way by pressure from the company”. You can take that to the bank.

If the company interferes and does unjustly fire me for a safety related decision I make, you can be sure that my days of not being financially secure are over.

Again.. I call bs on this being a union issue. If it is, then we have one weakest pilot groups in the industry.

Tim, Since you brought up the non reprisal management style at Flex I have to ask why is the Flops store front treated different? Are we not all under the same management team? Why is it when a Flops guy calls in with an issue about contaminated numbers, wx, MX, fuel stops etc the usual reply from the assistant cheif or PSM is usually a condescending initial “what do you want?” which leads to the next comment “ are you cancelling the trip? Or This is a high risk owner, or We don’t want to disservice the owner “. Those comments are almost as good as the PSM that replied “ whats your problem? I went in there all the time in the X”

Its not worth the argument more. I just do my job as I was origionally hired to do and I comlete my trips IAW all SOP , FAR and AFM limitations while treating my coworkers and owners as I wish to be treated with respect. If that is not what you want then fire me.

So el, you know I'm still on the Options side, but what I don't understand is you claim the Flex pilots aren't bbeing pressured by the company. So please tell me why the Flex pilots will burn a PTO day instead of calling fatigue? The ratio is almost 10 to 1. BTW our POI also want to know the answer.

Tim, Since you brought up the non reprisal management style at Flex I have to ask why is the Flops store front treated different? Are we not all under the same management team? Why is it when a Flops guy calls in with an issue about contaminated numbers, wx, MX, fuel stops etc the usual reply from the assistant cheif or PSM is usually a condescending initial “what do you want?” which leads to the next comment “ are you cancelling the trip? Or This is a high risk owner, or We don’t want to disservice the owner “. Those comments are almost as good as the PSM that replied “ whats your problem? I went in there all the time in the X”

Its not worth the argument more. I just do my job as I was origionally hired to do and I comlete my trips IAW all SOP , FAR and AFM limitations while treating my coworkers and owners as I wish to be treated with respect. If that is not what you want then fire me.

Tim? Who is Tim? The rat is JJ.

So el, you know I'm still on the Options side, but what I don't understand is you claim the Flex pilots aren't bbeing pressured by the company. So please tell me why the Flex pilots will burn a PTO day instead of calling fatigue? The ratio is almost 10 to 1. BTW our POI also want to know the answer.

I really doubt the poi cares about pilots taking pto days.

I really doubt the poi cares about pilots taking pto days.

He doesn’t care about pto per se, but he does care about fatigue. Management were complaining to him about the number of fatigue calls on the Options side. They compared the number of fatigue calls on the Flex side and tried to make the case that Options pilots were making bogus fatigue calls. We showed him the number of sick calls (now referred to as pto days) Flex pilots make downline. The ratio is 10 on the Flex side for every 1 on the Options side. Since we did not have Weingarten like rights at that time, the POI realized Flex pilots were not calling in fatigued because they were afraid of management retaliation. Instead, Flex pilots were calling in sick. If you look at all the numbers, Flex pilots and Options pilots have the same amount of “lost time”. So the POI asked management to explain why there were so many sick calls (pto days) on the Flex side. So while he doesn’t care about pto per se, he does care about safety and he knows what the numbers really mean.

Latest resources

Back