Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More indication he's just getting an earlier start for Moxy:

This is the first mention I've seen of Moxy and pilot supply:

“One of our challenges there is an acute pilot shortage in the U.S.,” says Trey Urbahn, who’s involved with Moxy and also works closely with Neeleman at TAP as the Portuguese carrier’s chief strategy officer. He notes that new rules adopted by the Department of Transportation following the Colgan Air crash in Buffalo in 2009 require that all commercial pilots in the cockpit have a minimum 1,500 hours of flying time; previously, a co-pilot could begin with as little 250 hours. “The result is that there are fewer people entering the profession,” he says. “With an increasingly small pool, we need to have competitive pilot salaries to attract them from regionals,” where pilots typically begin their careers. Moxy is “looking at creative ways to create our own pilot pool,” Urbahn says, such as establishing an in-house training program. “You have to get people really early in their careers, when they first decide they want to be a pilot.”

Found this statement about Moxey on another forum. Sounds like things are moving a bit:

"Hiring has begun. Didn't sound like they're looking for line pilots at this point, mostly management, and those to help start the airline. Could be wrong on that as it's very early still. Been swapping emails with one of the executives."

Interesting...I don't know how many of the ASA or Express Jet types are on the street still but he missed out on a glut of experienced RJ people. The thing is that many of them have been around a long time and well beyond malleable to fir the cookie cutter any start-up is going to want to stamp their employees out of.

:ROFLMAO:
Jack-booted Smurfs...

OMG you just made my day!

:ROFLMAO:

The thing that is so sad to me is that as offensive as the very fact that they even have to exist in this world is, they aren't as bad as the airlines themselves have become.

United has aircraft on it's certificate that can make the trip from KLAX to PHNL with a full load of passengers and baggage but instead, on many flights they are using 737 variants that will always be the fracking regional jets they were designed as back in the '60's when four engine jets were flying that route. I don't care how much fuel they can put in a 737, trapping a human being in confined spaces like that for six or ten hours is inhumane. Planing an aircraft on a route segment that it is known to lack the capacity to complete on a regular basis is incompetent and criminal.

They had a whole bunch of trials at a place called Nuremburg about how humans should be treated and a bunch of azzholes got hanged. The only fact separating Nazi War Criminals from modern airline management is that none of the Jews (or Christians, Gypsies or anyone else deemed undesirable) paid to go to the showers...

It will be interesting to watch what happens for sure. JB did do that passenger bill of rights but I don't know if Neeleman had anything to do with that. The culture has changed and passengers seem to be regarded as self propelled biohazards rather than paying customers and the whole reason that any given airline exists.

Delta has taken some turns for the worse most recently. When there is no aircraft at the gate when departure time comes you aren't kidding anyone-there is going to be a delay regardless of how optimistic the dispatchers are! Oh yeah, and who in the heck do they think they are fooling? Oh look, I'm in boarding zone 3!

That sounds pretty good. Until you stand there in line while about four groups who are too special to be relegated to having a "boarding zone" are called to board...seriously Delta? How long do you think it takes people to catch on that if there's no machine on the jet-bridge half an hour before departure time there's going to be a delay (er, since DC-3's were flying the line, dumbazzes-you're not fooling anyone!) or that your gate agents call out a bunch of "special" people before they get to boarding zone one?
I’ve got to agree. Riding American or United today is painful and frustrating. Unless, your 1st class. Had a young friend ask about flying for Norwegian or Emirates. I told him if they treat their customers better, jump.

Is Neeleman on the verge on a launch ?

“Breeze Aviation will locate their corporate headquarters in Salt Lake, Utah. The company plans to create 369 jobs in the next five years.

Breeze Aviation plans to unveil an as-yet-unnamed low-cost carrier in the new year which will provide flyers with convenient non-stop service from secondary airports.

The company was founded by David Neeleman…”

Bits & pieces re Moxy:

“There is, however, one outstanding issue with basing an airline in Utah. There are fewer executives with airline operations experience, so Neeleman’s startup is expected to keep an East Coast base for its operational team. That group will work on certifying the carrier with the Federal Aviation Administration.”

“More news about the airline’s plans should be made public next year, Johnson said, “

Still nothing about pilot recruitment.

And an ad for Breeze F/As. It's...different ?

Latest resources

Back