• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Mesa MGMT BS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No college degree, breathe from their mouth, etc etc.

175's at Mesa

There is no such thing as a quick upgrade- Mesa doesn't even have one new 175 on line yet-

Let's not forget, these are UALs airframes.

Don't count your upgrade time until your in the left seat rolling down the runway.

Mesa's first 175 arrives on 4/1/14 two per month for the next 30 months. Assuming Mesa exercises the option. Also 10 more 900's from AA and possibly 30 beyond that. Where could a FO upgrade faster?

Mesa MGMT will be paying 50 seat base rate pay on the E-175. All vacations and DH pay will be paid at 50 seat rate on a E-175

MESA MGMT will not allow a CRJ pilot to bid over to the E-175. Seniority means nothing then at Mesa

-So while RJET will pay nearly $50 an hour at end of contract for FO's. Mesa mgmt will be paying 27.50 per hour.

All new hires will NOT EVER UPGRAGE despite what MGMT will say. The numbers do not add up.

Mesa MGMT has stalled on contact talks.

What is your source on ANY of this? And when you say "will not allow a CRJ pilot to bid over to the E-175" that's not true - FOs will be allowed to bid over. I'm not on management's side on this, but you are conveniently leaving things out.

I understand why we should be discouraging pilots from coming to Mesa -empty classrooms would be our leverage for getting changes around here. I don't disagree with (what I suspect) is your motive for all of these "Stay away" postings you've been making lately. What I DO have a problem with is speaking in half-truths. YES there are problems at Mesa. But PLEASE cite your sources for ANY of these statements. Union's last email said they're closer than ever to agreeing on a new scheduling section in contract talks. Your post contradicts this. So tell us what you know that the MEC isn't sharing. Sources. Also for example, HOW do you know that EMB175 will be 50 seat base rate? I recently heard that's not the case. So sources please???

Last edited:
Mesa's first 175 arrives on 4/1/14 two per month for the next 30 months. Assuming Mesa exercises the option. Also 10 more 900's from AA and possibly 30 beyond that. Where could a FO upgrade faster?

You're saying that Mesa gets the choice on whether or not to "exercise the option" on UAL mainline 175 orders?

Back in '04 as we were transitioning the 700/900's to the Mesa certificate from the Freedom cert at some point the only air frames left on the Freedom cert were 900's. One of our pilots who stuck it out to the end successfully argued that since he only had access to 900's now his base pay on RSV should be 900 pay not 700. The company agreed and payed him accordingly.

As a side note Mesa kept the Freedom cert alive with the FAA by putting a BE1900 on it and flying it a couple of times a month. The Freedom cert then was used for the Delta contract to side step the Delta pilots scope.

I hope somebody at the union remembers this and uses it as a argument for base pay before John D. our resident contract admin guy tells them to roll over... Again.

Latest resources

Back