• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

more furloughs at AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CSY--I wouldn't worry about resigning your AA number if you got hired by SWA. It doesn't seem to be worth much these days.

Wonder who's been drinking kool-aid... ;) TC
Yeah, ya are right, the bottom 2500 AA #,s won't even buy a cup of coffe.
As for Kool-aid: Ya won't find much in my cup, not a big fan of AMR or APA for obvious reasons.
Being the optimist, I am keeping my number however...Would trade it for a SWA #, but too lazy to commute.

75M
I couldn't check the box on the application that read AArogant AAshole.
Ya seem to be a natural, and that got ya hired with Teeway anyway.

when I finished my last trip at AA
Ya will be missed...Not

If any AA furloughees are waiting for recall thinking that at least the pension will still be there, forget it . . . . that's going to be history real soon . . . . along with the current 100 seat rates. Starting to think that turning down the flow-back slot was a mistake.

Only good news is maybe the Republicans can be sent packing in November. Can't see how it can get any worse under Dems.

Last edited:
Send the republicans packing WTF? Yea thats the answer, lets put 2 trial lawyers in office!! ALPA endorsed of course--what a joke.

I don't think turning down the flow back slot was a mistake( forever reserve). As managment at Eagle is coming at our reserve system with a axe. The funny thing is we still have pilots at Eagle (that have AA numbers)that have turned down Jetblue/SWA thinking that they will flow through soon. I tell them at the earlist 2010 and then even then they are lookin at going into a 100 seat aircraft getting payed in the low $30 hour range (for the first 4-5 years) with no definded retierment. Maybe jsut the same Eagle 401K. I guess only time will tell.

Draginass said:
It's all part of the softening up process. AA's got a compliant union leadership and now they're really scaring the pants of pilots with more and more furloughs, parking the F-100s, etc. Next stage is another round of brinksmanship with bankruptsy, only this time it's going to be pensions, probably killing the A fund, and getting 100 seat payrates in-line with JetBlue. Next will be getting 100 seat jets with the expectation of recalls . . . . only what'll happen is MD-80 will start to be parked and those crews transferred to the 100 seat rates.

Time to seriously think about walking away from the vocation.
Not with 3500+ pilots retiring in the next 10 years.

Starting to think that turning down the flow-back slot was a mistake.
I turned down the flow-back option as well:
Too lazy to commute to, and sit reserve in ORD for $4K a month.
Don't think it was a mistake.

There are other jobs out there, even if 75M and the red guys have already taken the good ones.:D
good jobs have already been taken (like mine).

Just flew with a couple of flowbacks the other day. They were both on 6 day trips. The new guy..just finished IOE was pretty shocked at his first trip. The other flowback who had been at Eagle for about six months was talking about getting out of Aviation all together and pretty much hated everything about Eagle, AMR, and life in general. Said that he doesn't have a social life anymore because of Eagle and that some of the FO's refuse to even talk to him among other things. I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy because our reserve system is horrible. And our management is really trying to make it far worse by taking away proffering. Good luck and may the tide change with dems in the white house.

On the other hand...Eagle is hiring 76/month right now while AA furloughs...so there will be plenty of flow-back spots...maybe I should re-apply as a newhire, so when I get furloughed I can be senior to myself. :D

I can't stop staring at that avatar boeingboy....But on a more serious tone as far as flowing thru to AA...even in good times it wasn't happening for the senior guys. As far as those FO's Flowbacks are flying with flowing thru...thats laughable.

Latest resources

Back