Military Age Restriction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heels95

Is there anyway around the 28 1/2 years of age restriction for military pilot candidates? Thank you in advance.

In military...so far are there female pilots?

Not sure if there is more to that than just the obvious question, but unless you've been under a rock for the past decade or so, you'd know the answer....Yes.

Yes, there is. I just got accepted to go to Helicopter school in the National Guard. I am 30 years old. I will be 31 by the time I actually start. It takes a waiver with some support behind it. I have letters of recommendation from a General, amongst others.

The biggest help came from Senator John McCain. He got all over the National Guard Buereu for not approving age waivers, when the regular Army have 35 year old pilots getting approved.

Disregarding the age waiver issues, the formal age limit is 30 by the time you enter UPT. You have time if you get moving now.

I was rather thinking, do female pilots in the military have equal privilages as the males....no discrimination of any sort and stuff...

:D

do female pilots in the military have equal privilages as the males....no discrimination of any sort and stuff

They have equal privileges, and there is no overt discrimination. I have never seen a female pilot treated much differently if she doesn't give reason to be. I don't know many female fighter pilots, but I knew a student in T-38s who cried in debriefs when she was critiqued by instructors. You can imagine that didn't go over well.

Back to the fighter community, I wouldn't say females are treated totally the same - I just haven't seen otherwise. In a community that, since its inception to only recently, has been strictly an 'old school all boys club', it's tough to get guys to accept new things.

THEY ARE TREATED BETTER

I would say females treated better. When I was stationed at Monot AFB, ND. We went through the Kelly Flinn ordeal, (first female B-52 pilot). Where she was given a direct order not to “fraternize” with a certain person, she did and got off extremely easy, no jail time, and a general discharge. Last I heard she is flying with ASA.

While at the same base a male helicopter pilot who fraternized in our unit, ended up in the slammer.

Kelly Flinn got off easy. If she were a male, she would have receive the same jail time.

That’s life, and I’ll keep flying,
FamilyMan (and a faithful one at that)

Latest resources

Back