Midway?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LR45JI

I'm an Ex-Midway guy (one of the many) and just wondering what are they doing? How many guys are back over there and how long before they go TU? Anway, hope they make it for the sake of the guys still there.

Hope everyone that got the boot (that would be everyone) is doing well. Loving life at EJA!!

LR45JI said:
I'm an Ex-Midway guy (one of the many) and just wondering what are they doing? How many guys are back over there and how long before they go TU? Anway, hope they make it for the sake of the guys still there.

Hope everyone that got the boot (that would be everyone) is doing well. Loving life at EJA!!

I too am ex-MIDWAY and am happy to have landed here at COMAIR. The 2 hour drive for me beats the 2 leg commute to RDU any day. Last I heard there is now a 6th Boeing on line and they were to have 52 pilots by March. MCO is now there first overnight. As for anything else, there was a rampant RUMOR about a buyout, but according to Derek, that was all it was......RUMOR!!! If they are going to survive, they are going to have to do it on their own. Like yourself, I too wish nothing but the best for those whoe are sticking out with MIDWAY.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I left Midway in Aug 2000 to go to a major. I really enjoyed flying with the outstanding crews (esp. the FAs) there and I keep in touch with all the guys from my indoc class.

I call the Midway ALPA hotline every once in a while to try and figure out how things are going for them. It must be better these days b/c I hear the call sign more and more.

So who's left there? What happened to John Felten, the CP before they went under? What about Dave Johnston, the asst. CP? I heard Ken Kotsur left.

I hope all of the ex-Midway guys landed on their feet and are still flying for a living.

Good luck to ya'll!

another Midway guy

Hi everyone, another ex-Midway guy here. I got the axe with everyone else on the 12th. I know a lot of guys are still looking for work out there. I was fortunate enough to keep flying, even if it is a BE 1900. I was wondering what is going on at Midway, I assume they are still under Chap. 11. I see them in BOS from time to time. If there are any guys out there who want to fly a BEECH let me know Im in the training Dept. here. Take care out there.

From the outside looking in:

Yes, still Ch 11. Loads up north have been bad. South looks good. They're still on a shoestring. Last report Derek says they're good through Jun of this year. The guys who are there are basically biding their time. It's a job. Rumors of a buyout continue, but didn't they always? Most recent rumor is AirTran! Who knows?

Where are you flying the Beech?

Last edited:
The buyout rumors at Midway always fascinted me when I was there!!

Ohh.....American is going to buy us......Oh wait......Gordon Bothun is in Raleigh!!!.......Continental is going to buy us.......no wait.....Herb Keller is talking to Bobby!!! Maybe we can all go fly for SWA........hold on........Frank L. is looking to get back into the business...wouldn't that be interesting!!!

Buyouts and other mirages.....

The sad part about all the old buyout rumors at Midway was that guys I flew with actually used those rumors to make career decisions........

"No, I'm not going to apply with American. Why would I want to give up my RJ captain job to go be a 727 FE when they're going to buy us anyway?"

"I'm not giving up my left seat to go to the bottom of ANY seniority list."

Pure genius.

I'm also ex-Midway who loves it at EJA. John F. was in my class at EJA. I havent seen him since indoc though. I heard that EJA has hired almost 200 of the Midway pilots. It was a resource of highly qualified pilots for them and thank goodness they gave us the opportunity.

gump

Latest resources

Back