Midway Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dakotaHC8

Does anyone know what is going on over at Midway? I heard they actioned off equipment to help finance a possible restructuring. Have they actually been training/requal pilots on the RJ's yet or anything else concrete?

just curious

As an aside ... Midway is liquidating everything except airplanes today in Morrisville at an auction. Office equipment, fuel and de-ice trucks, everything. If they're selling all this stuff, how will they conduct business for USAir?

Minh

(I was look'n for deal on a 737-800 but all I saw was trucks and computers :D)

From what I've read in the Snooze and Disturber (Raleigh's local fishwrap), all the servicing, reservations, fuel etc. will be handled by USAirways so there's no need to have the equipment to run that part of the house. I'm sure they're holding on to the office equipment and whatever else they need in order to run their administrative offices and training departments. Most of the office supplies and equipment up for bid probably comes from their shuttered reservations department and all the check-in/gate desks.

From 737-700 to CRJ

I remember watching Midway 737-700s flying "down the river" at DCA just 5-6 weeks ago (right before they suspended service for a second time) - what a great paint scheme!

Any "current" Midway pilots out there know the situation with regard to retraining? Will those 737-700 pilots retrain on the CRJ? I suppose there are a few upset 737-700 pilots out there... Any opinions from those pilots? In the end, the CRJ is a great airplane - excellent avionics and fun to fly from what I have heard. I suppose just having a flying job at this time is what is truly important...

Any "current" Midway pilots out there who can provide more details with the transition, etc.? Good luck with everything!

Thanks

Latest resources

Back