Metro Operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SA-227 METROLINER CAPTAINS

Ameriflight has immediate openings for SA-227 METROLINER CAPTAINS to fill the following openings: Bozeman (BZN), MT, Cincinnati (CVG), OH. Desired qualifications are 2500 TT, 1000 AMEL PIC, 750 hours of turboprop time, and an ATP with AMEL privileges. An SA-227 type rating is preferred, but not required. Ameriflight offers excellent benefits. Complete our on-line application or submit your resume via e-mail to [email protected] or via fax to (818) 846-4091. EOE

BERRY AVIATION
ATTN: Mike Snyder
San Marcos, TX 78666
FAX (512) 353-2593
Phone (800) 229-2379

Try Business Aviation Courier out of Souix Falls,SD. They have six or seven SA227's and pay pretty good. Also, Superior Aviation out of Lansing, MI. They have about a dozen SA227/226's. Both 135 freight operators. Keylime Air out of Dnever has a few also doing freight.

Busness Aviation is the best! I used to fly 310/402's for them They are great! No presure to go fly. They know you want to finish your route. Pay and beni's are better than Coex. If they call go! Great operation, great people.

I second that. I know two pilots over at Business Aviation and they both make a good chunk of change flying the betro only a few hours a week. I think one flies about 70 hours a month and cleared over 65k last year. They pay well and treat you good. Some of the pilots stick around for quite a while since it is a good job.

I have an interview scheduled with Berry Aviation next week, if anyone has a gouge for them I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Business Aviation

I know some people at Business Aviation Courier (BAC) which fly's 7 Metro's (SA-227) and 13 Twin Cessnas (404, 402's, 310's, and a 208) Maint is awsome, pay is good, and they treat you real well, that is why most of the people stay there for a long time. There is no pressure to fly in real bad weather, and they support 99% of your choices. They just started a SIC/FO program in the Metro, but they do not hire into it. You have to fly the Pistons first then they bid the right seat of the Metro, so they pay pretty good to sit in the right seat, they only have about 2-3 SIC/FO's, and they only do it every other week, so most of the time is single pilot. The main reason that they do the SIC/FO thing is to prepare them for the upgrade and give some real time and practice in the airplane, and help them to pass the Type ride on the 1st try, pretty nice if you ask me. They DON'T do any kind of pay for training either, pretty nice too. The pay on the piston runs is real good to, for what you are doing, and to upgrade to the metro in time. Hope this helps, the people I know there sure like it.

Ameriflight

Ameriflight is the largest 135 operator and also the largest Metro operator with around 40 metros throughout the country. Don't know if they are hiring driectly into the Metro anymore, but you can try especially if you have metro time.

Latest resources

Back