• Start date
  • Watchers 29

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw a mesa pilot the other at ORD wearing his cool leather coat with his oakleys on backwards and a nike beanie cap on. I think it was Earl Williams vbmenu_register("postmenu_850101", true);

This damn thread is whats wrong with regional pilots. Everyone is too busy pointing figures at everyone else for their problems instead of fixing things on their own side of the fence. DON'T BLAME MESA PILOTS OR MANAGEMENT, BLAME YOUR OWN!

N4niner206 said:
This dang thread is whats wrong with regional pilots. Everyone is too busy pointing figures at everyone else for their problems instead of fixing things on their own side of the fence. DON'T BLAME MESA PILOTS OR MANAGEMENT, BLAME YOUR OWN!

While I agree with your statement to a certain extent, I think it's obvious that Mesa's contract and payrates are the yardsticks with which we are all collectively being smacked in the bollocks. While they both exist there is no way ANY of us will be able to gain more.

I don't subscribe to this bullsh!t that Mesa's pilots aren't at fault or at the very least don't have a hand in this because every time someone joins Mesa, they are in effect saying that it's alright to be treated the way they are. We all have choices, even if some aren't very palatable and to say otherwise is a cop out.

belikeve it or not it is an approved uniform jacket. I wear it too. The alternative is a leather jacket for 450$ or carry around the USAir blazer you cant wear in the united or AWA systems.

Earl Williams said:
Ditto on the "Barney" jacket...it defines cheesy. Mesa needs to be more strict, to say the least, on adhering to its "Uniform 101" code. I'm appauled by what I see from my bretheren...cotton Dockers, black Reebok tennis shoes, and every color and style of (unapproved) jacket there is. Pathetic. I don't care if the company isn't strict on what you wear, show some pride and professionalism in how you look and dress.

jetdriven said:
belikeve it or not it is an approved uniform jacket. I wear it too. The alternative is a leather jacket for 450$ or carry around the USAir blazer you cant wear in the united or AWA systems.

Or a trench (sp) coat. (which is what 80% of pilots use in the winter) Please, for the sake off all the Mesa pilots that try and look professional, ditch the flight instructor wind breaker. Please!!!!!! -Bean

jetdriven said:

Of course it is approved. Management doesn't really repsect us, why would they give us a respectable uniform. The rest of us wear a [real] uniform. If I was given the option of a windbreaker I'd say no.

The point is- in this current environment management wants to ratchet our rates down as low as they can. Making us look NOT like professional pilots helps thier efforts.

The choice is yours fellas....

Wow! I'd forgotten about that jacket until now. I wonder where it is? I think I donated it to a homeless shelter back in Wyoming. I liked it, very comfortable and no chance of it getting stolen.
Yes, 'windbreaker' is an appropriate name for it.

Latest resources

Back