• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa 1900s no more?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 1900D was a real small airplane, but what a workhorse. I have a lot of good memories of flying in the back of a Mesa 1900D from ABQ to my hometown Durango Colorado! Ok thats the only nice thing I can say about Mesa!

I just remember seeing a Mesa ticket counter in 2002 with 3-4 flights from IGM into PHX.

I just remember seeing a Mesa ticket counter in 2002 with 3-4 flights from IGM into PHX.

my first trip as a CA at AMW was thru Kingman. we had one pax going to PHX. after 10 minutes of waiting i asked what was taking so long. the gate agent/station manager/baggage loader said, "oh, they found a crack pipe on him. they've called the sheriff's office." we then proceeded to abort a takeoff in havasu due to "coyote" activity.

I just flew on a flight into Kingman (Dec 2006), PHX-PRC-IGM and back, and it was all on a Great Lakes B1900D.

Yea Great Lakes picked up the EAS service to most of Arizona about a year ago and isn't doing much better. Passenger loads are real low (not necessarily a suprise) and there's no way to check bags all the way to your destination. But then again, thats the lowest common denominator after Mesa.

nothing like breaking through 10,000 feet and calling up center 4 miles off the departure end of the runway in the 1900D. or a 414 kt groundspeed check my avatar. the 1900 was not your father's beechcraft. I fly the CRJ now but i miss the mighty beech.

kinda miss bangin' around to great metropolitan centers like Winslow, Gallup (mmm the Ranch Kitchen) and all the other places....but alas I was not one of "Risley's raiders" I was the other mob in the lovely C-99...good old days...

Latest resources

Back