• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Masters degrees?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got a Masters Degree in Public Administration over 20 years ago. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Never seemed to matter to any employer.

Did the Masters thing with USC a while back and it made me understand life--and lots of situations--with a broader view. It was well worth the time, but expensive.

Better yet, I have a question for Bobbysamd and KlingonLRDRVR.

Are there credible Law Schools that offer night, correspondence or on-line degrees?

chperplt said:
Well, I am proud to say that I just turned in my thesis, and with any luck I will have my Masters in aviation safety and aviation management in just a few short weeks.
Just curious...what was your thesis on? How long was it? What school did you go to? Thanks!

Night law schools

I, personally, have never heard of online law schools. It's probably not feasable, given how law students seemingly spend most of their lives in the law library and how class participation is important. You'll know what I mean if you ever saw "The Paper Chase."

I am 99.995% sure that most law schools have night programs. Western New England College School of Law in Springfield, Mass. has had a night program for years. My wife is a former WNEC law librarian and she most certainly will vouch for the program!

I had an acquaintance who attended Western State University College of Law in Orange County, California. He attended full-time thirty years ago, but the school has part time programs. The place did the job for him.

Just as is preached about other forms of higher education, be sure that the law school you select is accredited, not only by the normal accrediting bodies but by the American Bar Association. ABA accreditation is important so that your J.D. is recognized in all fifty states. Western State was not ABA-accredited when my acquaintance attended. Its grads could only practice in California. That was fine for my acquaintance because he lives in California and had no plans to leave. WNEC Law School is fully accredited, by the ABA and others.

My wife has pointed out as I type this that a great many law schools now offer electives in aviation law.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
e=mc2 said:
MS in Chemical Engineering and an MBA.
Used to use them a lot, now it is soley for idiot identification.
I'm just a mechanical engr, but I believe it spelled solely. ;)

MBA is the only masters that'll pay ($$) off in most instances. Others may make you smarter or qualified for a job (teacher, NASA, etc), but not much economic advantage.

Note - this comment is from a non aviation perspective. I wouldn't think it'd buy anything in aviation.

my 2¢

Vladimir Lenin
Masters in Economics
So, how about those Keynesians?! ;) My dad did a Masters of Econ. Sure seemed like a lot of work to get the degree and just retire. Guess he just wanted the challenge. *Lots* of those whacky differential equations and such. :eek: Now *those* will make you go blind!

Lots of work, but like they say - you just don't see too many rich economists.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back