• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Manassas, Va

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did a little contract work out there about 6 months ago. The best I could find was a sh!tty Marriott.

The Hampton is about the best they have. Rooms fill up fast also.
I think there is also a Holiday on the north end of town. It wasn't all that bad if I remember right.
A must thing to do is the battlefield. Truly awe inspiring. Additionally it is a fantastic place to run or hike.

Go for one of the Mariott properties. I stayed at the Residence Inn and it wasn't terrible. The Air and Space Museum was about 10 minutes away.

Last edited:
My recommendation is not to stay in Manassas unless you're looking for cheap ethnic labor.

Go stay somewhere near Dulles in Sterling or Chantilly. Plenty of hotels there to pick from.

I grew up in Manassas and my parents still live there. Things are always changing if I don't make it to Manassas about every 3 months then I almost get lost in my home town because there are always new roads and businesses going up every where. As far as I know there isn't any hotels that are super convient to the airport. (its been a while since I've been on that side of town so they might have built one)

There are a few hotels on 234 where it intersects I-66. Hyatt Place or 4 points by Sherriton and a Best Western and 1 or 2 other hotels. They are about a 10 min drive from the airport. Also they are on the same side of town that the Battlefield is on. If you want to see other history type stuff you can take 28 North from the airport and end up in Old Town Manassas. There is a hotel there too...I've never been inside, but it seems a bit shady. Anyways old town is cool if you've never been I guess. You can go to the train station and see some civil war history stuff and behind the train station is the Manassas Museum. Also if you like to ice skate they have outdoor ice skating in old town by the train station, but it might be a little late in the season for that now. Besides that theres nothing else to do in old town. You can take 28 North even farther and end up at IAD and check out the new air and space museum. If you want to head to DC and you have a rental car then take 66 to Vienna and take the metro into town. Vienna is the western most stop on the orange line. If you don't have a car then you can take VRE train to DC. Manassas Airport has a VRE stop..you can take that into DC and then transfer over to the Metro...I believe you do this at Union Station, but I might be wrong its been forever since I've done that.

My recommendation is not to stay in Manassas unless you're looking for cheap ethnic labor.

Go stay somewhere near Dulles in Sterling or Chantilly. Plenty of hotels there to pick from.

I got news for you, it's not going to change in Dulles, Chantilly or Sterling...

Latest resources

Back