Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enigma

good ol boy
Let's say that you are paired with a new crewmember for the first time. Would you rather fly with another cremember who talked only as necessary to get the job done, or a crewmember who couldn't keep his mouth shut?
Would your answer differ if you were the Captain, or vice-versa?

I'm pretty flexible from either seat; I can get along with those who are deathly quiet, or those who seem predisposed to detail their life from childhood. It's important to accept that person for who they are, and to adapt, in order to get along.

However, given the choice, I prefer quiet and silence, or perhaps some occasional light conversation.

I would prefer silent sam during critical phases of flight. Also it would depend on the length of the trip. On a long trip conversation is good but on a short trip in busy airspace I prefer the silent sam.

Mouth v. not

Of course, below 10K there is no talking. I would prefer someone who likes to talk but can come the point immediately (unlike myself, sometimes :) ).

Hey Kilomike

off the subject, but it looks like the Raider Nation Invasion is gonna end your season this weekend (wink).

And bobbysamd...you must be longing for the Elway era.

Deffinitely Silent Sam. And I would feel the same way regardless of seat. Nothing is worse than flying with a chatterbox... you're a captive audience.

A potential flight deck topic - Football

Once again, I realize that this isn't the pro football board. People seem to forget that John Elway screwed the pooch plenty during his early years. One season he had something like 23 TD passes and 28 INTs. Young quarterbacks have their ups and downs for their first few years. Elway was no exception. Brian Griese is no exception. Look at how much Kordell Stewart improved this year.

I respect Brian's toughness and especially his intelligence, but he needs to be smart. He shouldn't disrespect his teammates for lack of production. If anything, he should exhibit support for his teammates, because if he acts as if he doesn't believe in them the young players won't believe in themselves.

Sure glad Mike Shanahan is staying. :)

Re: A potential flight deck topic - Football

bobbysamd said:
Once again, I realize that this isn't the pro football board. People seem to forget that John Elway screwed the pooch plenty during his early years. One season he had something like 23 TD passes and 28 INTs. Young quarterbacks have their ups and downs for their first few years. Elway was no exception. Brian Griese is no exception. Look at how much Kordell Stewart improved this year.
Sure glad Mike Shanahan is staying. :)

Well my technique is to find common ground and enjoy the trip.

So, in that spirit. Kurt Warner is also a great example. His first years were not even promising enough to have started out in the NFL. I say that Griese will turn the corner. Now the Cowboys could be a different matter. Their rookie QB can't even throw a spiral. They drafted a young man that didn't even know how to take a snap, his first drill in camp was a special drill designed to teach him how to take a snap! But maybe that speaks more to the football "genius" of Jerry Jones. He was the one who used his first pick to draft a QB who couldn't take a snap or throw the football. :)
regards

Quarterback potential

Once again, not the Pro Football Discussion Board, but let's say that we're flying together right now. Therefore, since the thread began with a poll on crewmember cockpit chats, in that spirit we can continue discussing football as if we were on a trip.

I agree. Kurt Warner had to play NFL Europe and Arena ball to gain experience, while stocking shelves at the HiVee. The important thing is he learned a lot, I'd say in particular, in the Arena League. Look at the Rams' offense. It's like Arena ball, only bigger. And that dome in St. Louis is like a bigger Arena auditorium. Warner took what he learned and look how he runs that offense.

It's something like professional aviation. Compare it to Kurt Warner. He needed to gain experience AND LEARN. He paid his dues; I'm sure the Arena League doesn't pay that well. Some of the younger guys don't understand that. Perhaps they are great sticks, but they still need experience.

Latest resources

Back