Looks like I was right about the failed SWA TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mt2 is correct.

Gary is just trying to lower the bar. It's called negotiations guys. Would your really expect him just to roll over on a new agreement?

I am beginning to believe that Gary and Chuck are wanting a contract before most of the pilot group does. We'll see...

I don't know we're going to lose it, I just assume we are. It was written with loopholes (on purpose). Have you read it recently? I can think of three different ways we would lose.

But if you read my post more carefully, I suspect the company won't let it go to a grievance, but will instead settle a contract immediately before, minus the money you're giving them each month.

Do you have kids? If so, it's nice that you gave $2,000 to your management instead of putting it in their college fund. And that's only in the last two months.

Do you have kids? If so, it's nice that you gave $2,000 to your management instead of putting it in their college fund. And that's only in the last two months.

No I don't have kids. I was happy to "give" my 2 g's back to mgmnt!(oh that was sarcastic shaftsmoker!) Geez frickin cry baby still doesn't get it...

Shearedshaft,

If you voted yes on the first TA because of all of that money, will you vote No on the next TA if the raise is gone?

I didn't vote yes because of all the money. I just recognized that the company was offering a whole lot of compensation for changes I considered minor. The changes I didn't consider minor were the new codeshare provisions that would have kept RJs from flying SWA passengers domestically.

I also liked the rigged open time, the overfly pay and the 401(k) match. I didn't like the lances getting screwed, but I also figured that it was going to happen whether it was in the contract or not, which appears to be correct. I didn't like the ELITT changes, but after digging into them, they weren't anywhere near as draconian as folks claimed, certainly not worth $1,000 per month.

So to answer your question, I will look at all of the details, weigh them against what I see going on in the world and vote accordingly. It could be yes, it could be no.

I was not a strong yes voter on the last contract, but looking backwards, I should have been, as you can tell, I have come to the conclusion that we screwed ourselves at the worst possible moment.

Wow, I don't know how you even get out of bed with all the doom and gloom. Take a deep breath and let the process play out. I never thought I was an optimist until I read this thread.

The changes I didn't consider minor were the new codeshare provisions that would have kept RJs from flying SWA passengers domestically
The holes in the TA were so large that RJs could have been flying SWA passengers the day after the contract was signed. One hole was all Gary had to do was buy an airline that had a codeshare agreement. Another was SWA just had to get a majority of the SWAPA BOD to agree to allow the codeshare. As weak as SL32 is, it is stronger than what was in the TA.

Latest resources

Back