Looking for a summer job in Indy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

purdueflyer

Does anyone have any suggestions for summer flight work in the Indianapolis area.

I've just recently gotten my comm/inst tickets and will have my cfi/ii by the end of the school year.

Instructing would be great, but any flying work would do. I'm 24 with military background (not your normal college junior).

Any suggestions would be great, thanks for your time.

Ian Williamson

Hello. I got my private license in the Indy area. If you're looking to instruct in the Indianapolis area, I would highly recommend Indianapolis Aviation at the Metropolitan Airport in Fishers, which is on the northeast side of Indianapolis. Its a very well ran place and most of their CFIs are Purdue Grads. They also have a charter department that has a Learjet and I believe a King Air. I have no idea if they are hiring though, but their website is www.indianapolisaviation.com.

Other places in the Indianapolis area to check out are Eagle Creek Aviation at the Eagle Creek Airport, Greenwood Aviation at the Greenwood Municipal Airport, Angel Air at the Mt. Comfort Airport, though I don't think its called Angel Air anymore, but there is a flight school there. Last, there is a flight school at Terry Airport just north of Indianapolis.

You also might want to check out some banner towing companies. There are always a lot of aircraft towing banners over the Speedway during races and events. I don't know of any specific company names though.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back