Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AftCG182

RIP Avantair
What's up guys (and ladies, of course)...

We've just changed our minimums, and if you're looking for a break from the monotony and crappy pay of Regional life... TMC Jets might be what you're looking for.

First Officer pay starts at $47,500. Mins are 1000 hours, 500 PIC. Here's a link with the details:

https://careers-tmcjets.icims.com/jobs/1011/flight-crewmember/job

BTW, we're home based! PM me with questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
What's up guys (and ladies, of course)...

We've just changed our minimums, and if you're looking for a break from the monotony and crappy pay of Regional life... TMC Jets might be what you're looking for.

First Officer pay starts at $47,500. Mins are 1000 hours, 500 PIC. Here's a link with the details:

https://careers-tmcjets.icims.com/jobs/1011/flight-crewmember/job

BTW, we're home based! PM me with questions. Thanks!

Whatever happened with that Avantair company???? They were the best

Whatever happened with that Avantair company???? They were the best

A combination of greed, dishonesty, and awful mis-management put Avantair into an early grave. Investigations are still ongoing. What a shame... Thought I'd most likely retire there.

We (TMC) have a real need for F/O's at this time. Just thought I'd let my hard working brothers and sisters at the Regionals know about the opportunity here.

TMC has the awesome variety of flying that keeps this job fun. No such thing as a cookie-cutter, routine day. Again, it helps keep flying fun.

I've had a few of PM's with good questions. Feel free to keep 'em coming. The link that I provided earlier has lots of good info, too.

Thanks!

Last edited:
That's one ugly bird.

The Beechjet? Sure, I'll agree with that. It's functional, it gets the job done. Not the prettiest airplane you've ever seen, but it does the trick most of the time...

The Piaggio? IMHO one of the most beautiful airplanes ever. Aerodynamically, it's nearly perfect. A true attention getter. Everywhere we went, people wanted a tour of the airplane. A 5'8" cabin, 400kt cruise speed... All while burning roughly 500 lbs/hr TOTAL fuel burn.(At altitude, of course).

edit to add: LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY TURBOPROP!

Last edited:
Love that catfish!!! :)

What's the upgrade time these days at TMC and is the Beechjet the most likely starting place for a newhire?

$55K starting F/O in a DC-9 JUS, 13 days off per month. Live at YIP home 20+ days a month. CA being bid at 6 months right now

Love that catfish!!! :)

What's the upgrade time these days at TMC and is the Beechjet the most likely starting place for a newhire?

Long live the mighty Pistachio!

Anywhoo, the upgrade time in in flux right now due to our high turnover... Generally speaking, about 12-18 months.

Most likely starting place is right seat in either the Beechjet or the Hawker 800. The few CL-604 slots are going to the top of the seniority list. More 604's are coming, though.

Nice hijack, YIP!

Long live the mighty Pistachio!

Anywhoo, the upgrade time in in flux right now due to our high turnover... Generally speaking, about 12-18 months.

Most likely starting place is right seat in either the Beechjet or the Hawker 800. The few CL-604 slots are going to the top of the seniority list. More 604's are coming, though.

Nice hijack, YIP!
Just posting to show it is a very competitive market for pilots right now and $47 is not impressive number if a on-demand operator flying aged out junk out of KYIP in the middle of the night is offering more money and almost instant CA where a guy can log that resume building Part 121 PIC TJ time. And it is only going to get worse finding quality pilots. How far have you guys dropped you "competitive mins"?

Latest resources

Back