• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Longest part 91 duty day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EGLL-MPTO. 11.5hrs, with a 3.5hrs delay. Toss in the 1hr postflight with time change. Think I took about 5yrs off my life that day.

20 hours total, probably 10 of it flying...

My outfit uses 12 hours of flying max in a 16 hour crew duty day with a two pilot crew and 16/18 with a three pilot crew. The crew can extend on a case by case basis, but not directed. The longest day I have done in the G550 was Ohio to Bahrain nonstop, about 13.5 flying and 3 hours pre and post mission times.

That is nothing compared to flying heavies in the USAF. I did a double air refueling from Bangladesh to Port au Prince Haiti in a C-141. That was a bit over a 24 hour crew duty day, which was legal with an augmented crew.

Flying from one shat hole to the other with a bunch of very aromatic UN peacekeepers and then being forced to RON in Haiti because we ran out of crew duty day. Fun times!

Rome to Midland, Tx. Stops in the Azores, Bermuda, Charelston, Home.

Back in the day, single pilot Merlin. Midland-Austin-Midland-Scottsdale-Midland-OKC-Newark. That was just under 13 hours block and a long day.

Rome to Midland, Tx. Stops in the Azores, Bermuda, Charelston, Home.

Back in the day, single pilot Merlin. Midland-Austin-Midland-Scottsdale-Midland-OKC-Newark. That was just under 13 hours block and a long day.

Ohhh crap, in a merlin!!!

Maf-ktyr-kmaf-kapa(centennial-den)-Maf= flight time 9.0 hrs 15hr day. Single-pilot King air 90.

Mostly it's 3.5 hrs to las.... 48hrs hurricanes and other adult beverages...then 2.7 hrs home!!!

Saw this thread, thought it was interesting.

Jeez, those are easy days! I fly 121 supplemental cargo. Longest duty period: 30 hours, with 20 hours of flight. Total of 4 crew members. Longest non-stop flight: 17:30 (non-rev) Being up and awake for a 24 hour period is not uncommon. Might get a small cat nap on occasion. On the long runs usually 2.5 to 3 hours in the bunk. Oh, and get this, we can do the 30 hours and get a "91" leg on the end that would require no rest before. Contractually might be a problem, but when did the company ever adhere to the contract!

Fly Safe!

Last edited:
Whatever the boss wants because I'm too chickensh!t to tell him no.

Signed,
75% of all chief pilots.

Latest resources

Back