Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I fLy pLaNeS

Living an Honest Life
Was doing some 500agl fixed-wing surveying today in southern Washington state...spotted a dude on TCAS intermittently, then finally spotted them. I tried on 122.8, 122.9, and 123.45 to make contact and no joy so we discontinued our ops. In the future, is there a freq that these guys monitor when doing these remote sling load ops or no? I don't want to get close, or if I do, I at least want to chat air-to-air before getting close! Thanks!

No good answer

It has been a while but when I used to do helicopter logging we were always on the radio to the "hookers" and "catchers" on the ground using non aviation frequencies. At the altitudes we flew at we never expected to run into another aircraft. There were times when someone on the ground would call out that there was an aircraft in the area but that was rare. Even though there are two pilots in the aircraft, the one flying is looking down and flying the load and the other is watching the engine and transmission instruments to aid in keeping the aircraft within limitations.

Thank you for the info. The workload seems intense so I think it's best I avoid these folks if encountered again remotely!

Latest resources

Back