• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HOURBUILDER

flyingsaucer
Hello,

Always logged my times on paper and would like to start logging them electronnically.
any advice on which logbook app for iphone.
Also how bad does it suck to log all your previous time into the electronic logbook.

Thanks

LogTen works nicely, though it doesn't have all that nice 30/7 and duty times things. Just a raw logbook. You need a Mac to sync your logbook though. I wouldn't worry about importing your previous time, just treat it like a new logbook.

Logbook Pro is a great product that has a great iphone app and also for the ipad. They'll handle entering the data for you too, check out their site and look for the data entry service. I've had great customer support from them, typically inside of 30 minutes and I bought their binder so I have a great print out and I'm all up-to-date. Could not give them higher scores, I highly recommend them. They have a sale going on according to the ad on the top right of this page, it may be a good time to get in with them.

I have LogTen on my iPhone and export it to LogBookPro on my PC desktop. Works pretty good.

As a rebuttal to the previous post, I would advocate bringing your previous time into the digital world. LogBookPro offers a service to convert your paper log book into LBP. There is a fee of course and it goes by how much time you have and if you want remarks or not. I quoted it several years back and it was around $300 for a guy with 5,000 hours and no remarks. Seemed reasonable to me, but that's me.

Good luck and fly safe,

gp

My story with logbook pro has not been so good. The customer support... well I have not had any support. Maybe you will have better luck than me. I have ADPL and logbook pro from many years ago. I have had to re-buy the program again(what a sale...$100) and I am still hitting a brick wall. As the wall is starting to hurt, I wouldn't go down this path again and I would look at other options. Too many emails that say give me more money and we will help.

My story with logbook pro has not been so good. The customer support... well I have not had any support. Maybe you will have better luck than me. I have ADPL and logbook pro from many years ago. I have had to re-buy the program again(what a sale...$100) and I am still hitting a brick wall. As the wall is starting to hurt, I wouldn't go down this path again and I would look at other options. Too many emails that say give me more money and we will help.

They have never asked me to pay for support. Why did you have to pay again?

I love Logbook Pro and have used APDL for the Palm for years and love it. I've only used the support options a few times and it was worked for me. The software's analayzer and reports make filling out my airline apps and insurance forms a breeze. I also have tried the iphone app and works good but its is the same as their Palm Companion software. It is geared more for GA pilots will work for 121 pilot if you don't need all the bells and whistles of APDL. The sync to cloud is awesome for the iphone and is easier to sync to a Logbook Pro than a Palm is.

At the end of 2004 I had a pda and bought apdl and log book pro. After a few months of my pda locking up, I went back to the paper method. Several years later I wanted to try it again. I have gone through several computers since then and no longer have the log book program on my current computer. I have bought an iphone now and would like to continue. I have a few years of flight time on my adpl (palm) still loging on paper via my master log book. The iphone would not allow me to use the iphone log book unless I have log book pro on my computer. So I had to buy it again. I can not get the palm to sync with the computer log book. I wanted as much of my flight time on there as I could. I have tried to get the support team (via an online ticket at there website) to help but they send me links that want more money. So I tried to just email them, same thing...give us more money. I have bought this program more times than I wish I would have. I'm not sure what I will do now. I still can not get even the iphone part to work, but I'm sure thats probably just operator error. Anyway, I have not had the support that others have had and wish everyone good luck if you choose to buy log book pro.

It sounds like you didn't keep the registration codes you were issued? Why not? They don't charge twice for software, just download the latest from their web site and put in your code. If you lose the information, yeah, you have to use their key recall site to retrieve it and if it's not found you have to pay $15 I think it is, no big deal. I keep my codes in a spreadsheet, you can't blame them for losing that info.

it sounds like you didn't keep the registration codes you were issued? Why not? They don't charge twice for software, just download the latest from their web site and put in your code. If you lose the information, yeah, you have to use their key recall site to retrieve it and if it's not found you have to pay $15 i think it is, no big deal. I keep my codes in a spreadsheet, you can't blame them for losing that info.

ditto...

Latest resources

Back