• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

list your toughest checkride questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You go out to your Cessna and hop in and notice one of the wheel pants is cracked. Problem is your employer wants you to fly a package 200 miles away. Can you go? If you can, how are you going to prove you can go? Vice versa if you can't go.

172 RG Question

The question was, "Why is VX on a short field (63KIAS) different than VX (67KIAS) just in a normal best angle climb"? (please excuse me if the speeds are not the correct number it has been years since I flew the 172 RG, but the speeds for a short field and a normal best angle climb are different). Gear position is the answer, the reason is that Cessna did some tests and in order to clear the 50ft obstacle the gear should be left extended and VX is 63 KIAS, too much drag in gear retraction!

Regards

Smoking Man

Simon Says said:
CFI question........Why does an aircraft become unstable when you move the CG to the Aft position.

Simon says... I love your avatar. That's pretty funny! :D

Mikie

With all due respect, the effect of aft CG on aircraft stability and performance shouldn't be considered a difficult question, especially at the CFI level. It's just basic aerodynamics and stability.

regards

What is the highest number in the Kollsman window? Lowest? Can you fly if the PA is above or below these #'s?

With all due respect A Squared I will bite. Why don't you explain why moving the CG Aft makes an aircraft unstable. At your level you should be able to easily explain this fact. Remember CFI's need to explain this in laymans terms so their students can understand.

Avbug or TurboS7 no helping!!!!

You've been flying along at FL 190 for a couple of hours and you lose your radios. The weather is crap for 300 miles all around you (not all that uncommon in the upper midwest). You're getting low on gas and dont have the range to fly to better conditions. What do you set your altimeter too and how do you re-adjust the minimums for the approach you are going to fly?

On my CFI ride 6yrs ago. I had an 8hr oral, left came back the next day for 2hrs more, then got in the plane for a 2.5 check flight.
During the de-brief we talked a little(I still wasn't sure pass or fail)
ok then he broke out the pink slips, and iam saying to my self ok i can deal with this a few things could use some work. he handed the pink slip to me it said ENTIRE RIDE, I put my head down and could not belive it and i was saying every word in the book under my breath. as my head was down he grabbed the ones with the temporary tickets the white ones held it up and said. You whant one of these? I almost called a FED a SOB to his face. He did give my CFI after all that. So i did what most new CFI's would do after the check ride from hell. Whent out and got lit with friends from the airport!!!

"You've been flying along at FL 190 for a couple of hours and you lose your radios. The weather is crap for 300 miles all around you (not all that uncommon in the upper midwest). You're getting low on gas and dont have the range to fly to better conditions. What do you set your altimeter too and how do you re-adjust the minimums for the approach you are going to fly?"

And your answer was?

Latest resources

Back