• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Link to ExpressJet TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It might be in the books now, but when I compare pairings, out/in, rainmaker and my pay it's all based on brakes. That's the language I want. As far as harping, there is nothing on the TA that earns a yes vote. I'm not gonna focus on one issue, it's almost all bad.

When we went into negotiations my vote was no. ALPAs job was to earn a yes, they failed.

As far as supply/demand and fear of shrinking, that's not what I care about.

I believe CT when he says there is no plan to wind us down, and I believe no matter how the vote goes that won't change. I also believe Sgu is smart enough to get work regardless of their overhead. And we all know no matter how this vote goes this and every regional will shrink.

I can't control the industry or mgmt, I only have a say in this TA with my vote. NO

Last edited:
PS. That was two hours of work, caring for pax, coordinating deicing and negotiating with ATC that ended up being for free. It's just a little taste of what life would be like under this TA.

It might be in the books now, but when I compare pairings, out/in, rainmaker and my pay it's all based on brakes. That's the language I want. As far as harping, there is nothing on the TA that earns a yes vote. I'm not gonna focus on one issue, it's almost all bad.

When we went into negotiations my vote was no. ALPAs job was to earn a yes, they failed.

As far as supply/demand and fear of shrinking, that's not what I care about.

I believe CT when he says there is no plan to wind us down, and I believe no matter how the vote goes that won't change. I also believe Sgu is smart enough to get work regardless of their overhead. And we all know no matter how this vote goes this and every regional will shrink.

I can't control the industry or mgmt, I only have a say in this TA with my vote. NO

My point is we have a lot of issues to address with this TA, is this really a priority or can we just consider it status quo and move on. A big problem is that a lot of people didn't know their current contract and are pissed off to see the same provisions in the proposed TA. If it ain't
broke don't fix it. Is it broke or not? Because the way I see it, the block in and out issue is a NON issue.

We have to make a list of things we want changed in the new TA. Is this really one of them?

Last edited:
You are completely wrong about this. On an airplane like the CRJ there exists a thing called the ARINC databus. Think of it as the airplanes own, individual internet that exists for different computers to talk to one another. Everything is on this data bus. ACARS, right now, is programmed to set out times when doors closed and brake off. It could be reprogrammed to anything. It could be the beacon, cargo door, or wheel speed greater than zero.

You should also know that since we got ACARS that the company monitors your flight data. They know most things that go to the flight data recorder every 3 minutes or so when the ACARS sends down a snap shot of the flight. Every see those "VHF in Progress" when you didn't ask for anything? King Tutt knows if you fly cost index or not. Hit APR on a 700/900 and 50 Blackberries light up.

You know, in all these years as an A&P mechanic I never knew that airplanes had an AIRINC data bus? I'm excited to go to work and tell all of my co workers what a pilot taught me about airplanes!

Last edited:
How the fck did the JNBC think that Captains flying as FOs was a good idea? We got rid of that stupid practice in the last contract for a variety of good reasons. I know you guys are trying to keep cool heads during this TA process, but every section I read infuriates me. I'm trying to stay business minded, but quite frankly this TA is offensive on a personal level.

My point is we have a lot of issues to address with this TA, is this really a priority or can we just consider it status quo and move on. A big problem is that a lot of people didn't know their current contract and are pissed off to see the same provisions in the proposed TA. If it ain't

broke don't fix it. Is it broke or not? Because the way I see it, the block in and out issue is a NON issue.

We have to make a list of things we want changed in the new TA. Is this really one of them?

That's like having your head in a guillotine and saying that it's not broken because it hasn't been released.

Last edited:
We should get paid by duty time... It would be a lower hourly rate of course... The entire time I am at the airport in uniform, I represent the company, and have to follow procedures, and am responsible for my actions and decisions, so why am I not being paid for this time. This is a major problem with our compensation process. It sure would simplify things.... Kinda like the income tax system... complex system that get more complex every year, to benefit everyone else but me.... Consumption based tax!!!

Latest resources

Back