• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Liat - Sick Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You love to throw around this story about being on the UAL jumpseat...yet, you fail to take into account the workload differences between SKW and UAL. SKW dispatch desks are not region specific and likely have 30-50% more flights to dispatch/follow than that UAL dispatcher. Some of the best, most professional people I've ever worked with were and still are SKW dispatchers. They're sharp and benefit from some of the best training in the business. That's not to say all of them are great (just like there are crappy pilots, there's crappy people in every position), but most are. If you feel like you're not getting the enroute updates you want, ask. Call them out on it instead of posting anonymous crap on a public message board.

Though I'm no longer at SKW, I would like to invite you down to SGU and sit a shift with a dispatcher. I'm sure someone would be willing to walk you through the craziness of an ORD/DEN/SFO crap WX trifecta. Of course, you won't...that would require you step away from your computer, give up your anonymity & your ability to make passive-aggressive comments on FI on your day off, and do something that might actually change your perspective on something that relates directly to your career...
WS,
Whatever gets you through the night, there were many who thought Navigators and Flight Engineers were permanent fixtures, see how that went. I will bet that DX will be long gone before pilots are out of the cockpit. Workload is not the question, if I gotta ACARS you for information, it means I already have determined that something has changed, and I will say that the ratio of contact is in the range of 10:1. When the WiFi is installed on all the planes and we are authorized to use it enroute, that will be the beginning of the end for DX. As for swaps, I learned long ago, if the company wants a swap, I give it to them, its their plane and they obviously have bigger plans than I do. I get more results from the Regional Controller than any DX call.

WS,
Whatever gets you through the night, there were many who thought Navigators and Flight Engineers were permanent fixtures, see how that went. I will bet that DX will be long gone before pilots are out of the cockpit. Workload is not the question, if I gotta ACARS you for information, it means I already have determined that something has changed, and I will say that the ratio of contact is in the range of 10:1. When the WiFi is installed on all the planes and we are authorized to use it enroute, that will be the beginning of the end for DX. As for swaps, I learned long ago, if the company wants a swap, I give it to them, its their plane and they obviously have bigger plans than I do. I get more results from the Regional Controller than any DX call.
Once again, the mighty PBRStreetgang wishes his fellow employees out of a job and ignores the challenge to actually learn what they do. It takes a big man to do that from the safety of anonymity. Maybe you should write a letter to Klen Brooks, Bill Mostowy, and the entire crew at HDQ-OCC telling them the same...only, this time, signing your name to it. Of course, you won't...because, while you may have "the balls to be a pilot", you certainly seem to lack them in all other aspects of your existence.

But, hey, whatever gets you through the night...

Annnnnd, I'm done here.

Last edited:
Wow,
I guess you really need pilots to run an airline.....who'd a thunk it?
Wally,
Once again read what I posted, you and your self absorbed coworkers, felt the need to interject your 0.02 cents worth. No where did I wish anyone out of a job, I made a prediction based on past history. If I really cared to watch paint dry, I can do that at home no need to go to SGU for that. KB et al are just like you guys, a similar kind of pogue.
Your sig line speaks volumes, keep thinking that way, and many will miss you like a bad fart when Jerry and other CEOs F6(on their magical CEO keyboards), your jobs into oblivion as soon as the FAA allows it..

Last edited:
Wally,
KB et al are just like you guys, a similar kind of pogue.
Your sig line speaks volumes, keep thinking that way, and many will miss you like a bad fart when Jerry and other CEOs F6(on their magical CEO keyboards), your jobs into oblivion as soon as the FAA allows it..

Now thats some funny $%&*%! KB has over 30,000 hours. Im sure he has flown the line longer than you have been hooking up with Rosey Palms and her 5 sisters. (And from what I have heard, thats about 30,000 hrs also.) BM is a stand up guy. Both of those guys would be happy to show you how insignifigant you really are.
By the way, XPOO is a system controller. So quit giving him so much crap.

Thanks for all you do!

Homey,
I didn't give anyone anything, I made a comment about a group of pilots who called in sick. Everything else was brought to the table by dispatchers. KB has been away from the line so he loses the right to be claiming the title of "line pilot" so it doesn't concern how much or how little his flight time is.
System conroller, does that mean he rides the short bus to work?

Latest resources

Back