Leave XJT for Comair??????

BrickTop

Currently with ExpressJet and offered a interview with Comair. Anyone remember the interview experience i.e. sim rides etc and what the future looks like for Comair.

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
Total Time
Done!
Absolutely dude, go for it! Would I lie to you, Betty?

rtmcfi

Total Time
>req
BrickTop said:
Currently with ExpressJet and offered a interview with Comair. Anyone remember the interview experience i.e. sim rides etc and what the future looks like for Comair.
Out of the frying pan, and into the fire!

FlyinPiker

Incon-fricking-spicuous
Total Time
*_*
Go to CHQ/SA/REP so you can continue your collection of type ratings...

ApocketA's_145

Total Time
BrickTop said:
yes!!! please do!!

bvt1151

Total Time
"Future" and "Comair" aren't used in the same sentence much anymore.

KingAirKiddo

Total Time
BrickTop said:
Don't do it.

Even our union, in its most recent message to our pilots, paints a bleak future for Comair. You're much better off hanging out at Expressjet and seeing what happens or going to one of the "growth" regionals than making the jump to Comair.

KAK
(3 yrs. at Comair with a finger on the EJECT button)

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
BrickTop said:
Alright you have listed on your aircraft list, CL-65, E145, b1900. If thats true, whats up with that? If furloughed before I could kinda understand. But jumping around in this industry is pretty silly. Good luck though.

Oh by the way when were you are hired, if senior to me by all means go.

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
Don't know his story, but keep in mind that Mesa flies all three of those aircraft types. So he might not be jumping around.

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
CA1900 said:
Don't know his story, but keep in mind that Mesa flies all three of those aircraft types. So he might not be jumping around.
Yes, but to have flown all three that would lead you to believe that he/she would have had to have been at Mesa for a long time Hence jumping around thoughts.

BrickTop

Superpilot92 said:
Alright you have listed on your aircraft list, CL-65, E145, b1900. If thats true, whats up with that? If furloughed before I could kinda understand. But jumping around in this industry is pretty silly. Good luck though.

Oh by the way when were you are hired, if senior to me by all means go.

Worked at Mesa yes. A ********************hole & Resinged. Worked at XJT offered another job corporate and resigned due to the risk of layoff w/XJT.

TheGuat

Total Time
enough
I'd go to Comair, as being "owned by Delta" means everything!

Instigator

Total Time
I'm confused. Yesterday you wrote:

BrickTop said:
Currently with ExpressJet and offered a interview with Comair.
Today you wrote:

BrickTop said:
Worked at XJT offered another job corporate and resigned due to the risk of layoff w/XJT.
Do you work for XJT still or not? Did you resign since your post yesterday? If this is not flame bait and you currently work at XJT, I see no real benefit for moving to Comair. Remember: you are the one asking career advice on an anonymous internet board. Good luck with that.

razorbacks

Total Time
if it helps...tomorrow is my last day at Comair....don't do it...unless you want to work for the worst reserve system in the industry

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
razorbacks said:
if it helps...tomorrow is my last day at Comair....don't do it...unless you want to work for the worst reserve system in the industry
You'll have some competition with that one...whats so bad about it?

wmuflyguy

flunky
Total Time
5k+
BoilerUP said:
You'll have some competition with that one...whats so bad about it?
It isn't that bad, but here are things I hate.

4 movable days off a month kinda suck. I hadn't had one moved by them in a long time and they moved 2 this month and screwed up Labor Day weekend.

It seems they like to withold flying for their reserves. I have credited 95 hours a month since April (high was 110 in July).

Ready Reserves suck, but at least they pay and you can only have a limited number.

Overall I don't mind it too much. It is the only reserve system I have had. Going on 18 months now. I was abut 10 away from holding a line this month, but with RFP who knows what will happen. I'm looking at possibly firing the resume off to a few of the other regionals.

The real problem is the airline is very short staffed and there is loads of uncovered flying, I picked up 22 hours of extra flying this month

Anyways

Last edited:

ERJFO

Total Time
BrickTop said:
Worked at Mesa yes. A ********************hole & Resinged. Worked at XJT offered another job corporate and resigned due to the risk of layoff w/XJT.
Who wouldn't hire you? I bet they wouldn't be woried about you leaving for another job or anything.

razorbacks

Total Time
What's so bad?
READY RESERVE!!!!
changes to your assignment everytime you return to Cincy
reduced rest constantly
never ever released early...even if it's almost midnight and there are no
airplanes or captains available
as mentioned previously, extremely understaffed and they withhold several
trips (flights) for reserve crews
schedulers who don't know the contract or legality of assignments
no dropping legs or trips

Put it this way...my friend is a FO here and said it's by far the worst reserve system he has ever seen (this is his 4th airline)!