Lear 23 aerobatic routine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TurboS7

At Sun-and-Fun this year there will be a Lear 23 aerobatic routine. For all of us that have flown the Lear 23 it is a great machine and it should be great. See you all there.

I recently read an article about this somewhere. Do you happen to know how the pilot is going to pull of some of the logistics of this? As far as I know, the lear 23 is a two pilot airplane, so will there have to be an FO in there (talk about an interesting time building job), or is there some sort of waiver? Given that the lear was not certified in the aerobatic catagory, do you know what sorts of maneuvers will be performed. Also, are there any provisions being put in for the use of a parachute? I have always thought that it is hard to be a Lear for sex appeal, so I hope the routine is a success.

You can e-mail Bobby directly at [email protected] and ask him.

There is no requirement that and aircraft be certified in the aerobatic category or certified period to perform in airshows. My guess is this airplane has been converted to an Experimental Exhibition certificate for the purpose of operating single pilot and exceeding the flight manual limitations under which it was certified.

Birddog, did you mean that it is hard to beat a lear for sex appeal? I totally agree..*rowll* THe aiplane is actually tail number N49CK...serial numba 9. I'm sure some people on this board have some time in that airplane too! ;)

have to give the EAA SNF folks credit for getting some interesting acts in their airshow (not just the usual flip-flop acro routines). Last year they had the jet engine powered Waco biplane. It was strange, but really entertaining to watch.

That jet WACO is incredible. I saw it at Alliance last summer. What's really neat is it still has a prop, and uses the jet for that extra "little" ummph.

I had never heard of such a beast until I saw it. You can imagine how long my mouth hung open watching a Bi-plane do loops while sounding like a jet with jet speeds. It could take off in like 7 feet. No Sh*t!

If you haven't seen it in action, find an airshow that has it, worth the time.

SeaBass....

Yes, I did mean "...it is hard to beat a lear..." Lets hope I fly better than I tipe :)

The Lear guy is Bobby Younkin? He was the guy that flew the jet Waco, wasn't he?

Bobby Younkin flew the Twin Beech, it was crashed during a ferry flight, He also flys "Sampson" a radial engine biplane designed by Curtis Pitts. The Waco is flown by Jim Franklin, He's been flying and modifing the Waco for 20+ years.

Anyone know if he's gonna go to Oshkosh?

Latest resources

Back