• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC or NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I surpassed NJA SIC 10 yr pay at year two at my airline....

Plus bid a great schedule, request whichever days off I want... Also bid reserve and work 3-9 days a month....

In a couple more years I will surpass NJA PIC pay... And with contract openers not far away it'll only get better...

I'm with the one guy who said getter furloughed from NJA may have been a good thing.

I surpassed NJA SIC 10 yr pay at year two at my airline....

Plus bid a great schedule, request whichever days off I want... Also bid reserve and work 3-9 days a month....

In a couple more years I will surpass NJA PIC pay... And with contract openers not far away it'll only get better...

I'm with the one guy who said getter furloughed from NJA may have been a good thing.

I'd be careful about thinking things are pineappley peachy in the Islands. HA Stock dropped 27% today! That's not a speed bump.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=Ha&ql=1

People assume that those who stay have made a decision to do so. Not true. It's just that the F/Os are working harder to get out.
We've had relatively senior captains over 50yrs old bail for American and United this year. Don't just think if things don't pane out, you'll slide into a job with a major. Getting an interview will be harder than anything you do here. Start now. Flood the training department with record requests. If you're sitting on the fence now, perhaps you won't be in a few years when these efforts pay off.

It takes a great deal of time and preparation just to ensure your log book and resume are up to speed. The act of filling out an application can take anywhere from several hours to several days. You will need to contact old friends and prepare letters of recommendation. Its a lengthy process. When and if you do get a call you will need to prep for the interview. You wont need to make a decision until a job offer is made.

I suggest at the very least you update your stuff and apply to the job you dream of. You will be that much further ahead if things go sideways at Netjets. Dont settle in your career. Strive for that top tier job. What do you have to lose? There will always be someone or some company hiring pilots to fly corporate jets for $60,000 to $80,000 a year.

I hear that American First Officers starting base pay alone will be $78,000 a year. Make it through your probation year and twelve months later, you will be making Netjets Captains pay. You also have a much quicker upgrade. Talk to your buddies at the majors. You will pull down alot more than the base salary listed on airlinepilotcentral.

Good luck to everyone. The hiring is going to be crazy for the next decade.

It takes a great deal of time and preparation just to ensure your log book and resume are up to speed. The act of filling out an application can take anywhere from several hours to several days. You will need to contact old friends and prepare letters of recommendation. Its a lengthy process. When and if you do get a call you will need to prep for the interview. You wont need to make a decision until a job offer is made.

I suggest at the very least you update your stuff and apply to the job you dream of. You will be that much further ahead if things go sideways at Netjets. Dont settle in your career. Strive for that top tier job. What do you have to lose? There will always be someone or some company hiring pilots to fly corporate jets for $60,000 to $80,000 a year.

I hear that American First Officers starting base pay alone will be $78,000 a year. Make it through your probation year and twelve months later, you will be making Netjets Captains pay. You also have a much quicker upgrade. Talk to your buddies at the majors. You will pull down alot more than the base salary listed on airlinepilotcentral.

Good luck to everyone. The hiring is going to be crazy for the next decade.

Very good input, especially the last sentence.

Latest resources

Back