• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest Regional Headhunting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any reliable info on what quals are actually getting hired ?

There's no regional pilots shortage...remove the word regional.

I talked to a DAL check airman recently...he said he doesn't see a way that DAL, if they continue with their normal hiring practices, will be able to get enough pilots to prevent having planes grounded for lack of pilots...the numbers of retirees are so high, and there are so few new pilots available.

He said he just checked pilot who was trained at UND. The new pilot said UND is now 95% foreign pilots...no greencard or US passport...

He said he just checked pilot who was trained at UND. The new pilot said UND is now 95% foreign pilots...no greencard or US passport...

cliff,

95% is a pretty bold stat. I'd like to see the UND documentation for that figure.

Foreign students will likely take their training and return to their home country. That'd leave UND with almost no domestic output. Hard to fathom.

There's no regional pilots shortage...remove the word regional.

I talked to a DAL check airman recently...he said he doesn't see a way that DAL, if they continue with their normal hiring practices, will be able to get enough pilots to prevent having planes grounded for lack of pilots...the numbers of retirees are so high, and there are so few new pilots available.

I've heard the same thing recently from someone else with their hand in hiring. They're still refusing to hire 50% of their folks with a interview from Compass/endeavor so they're not that desperate yet. They're still looking for someone with the right personality/look to fit in with he pilot group and many of the promised interview folk apparently go in with entitled attitudes or don't take it seriously etc. They do realize that they're going after the same tier 1 candidates as everyone else so of their tens of thousands of apps on file only half or so are currently deemed hireable and of that half, they're competing against the other legacies/cargo outfits.

They're starting to panick over the long term outlook but it'll probably be several years or so before the flood gates really open hiring wise.

Latest resources

Back